Moonlight mass - Canceled indefinitely!!!

Icycling

So on a comparative note Moonlight mass is a piece of cake!

..yet we still cockit up and get the permit revoked.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't getting permits, doing stuff officially, etc kinda contrary to the concept of what the "Mass" movements were all about?

Isn't getting permits, doing stuff officially, etc kinda contrary to the concept of what the "Mass" movements were all about?

Yes, but that's CRITICAL Mass, not MOONLIGHT Mass. You know, Capetownians needed to be even more different than usual.

How much public boozing goes on?

Any is forbidden.But of course it goes on with gay abandon

I often pop into the Radium Beer Hall on a Sunday to listen to jazz and all the smokers stand outside in the hallway and on the corner.The management is hard with respect to no drinks outside.Their license will be revoked for public drinking

Ok, what is the purpose of Moonlight Mass? If you can give me one good reason for having it, what would it be?

Uniting people from all walks of life

I thought Moonlight Mass was just about going for a night ride under the full moon? :wacko: This ain't Critical Mass :whistling:

Had to giggle the other day while reading about critical mass movements. Apparently the badly behaved "massers" are called "massholes!

Uniting people from all walks of life I thought Moonlight Mass was just about going for a night ride under the full moon? :wacko: This ain't Critical Mass :whistling:

Had to giggle the other day while reading about critical mass movements. Apparently the badly behaved "massers" are called "massholes!

I think it is the full moon that is causing people to become massholes. The Cape Town City Council will soon cancel full moon if you ask me. The moon has been causing disruptions such as high tides and it is time to put it in its place! ;)

I think it is the full moon that is causing people to become massholes. The Cape Town City Council will soon cancel full moon if you ask me. The moon has been causing disruptions such as high tides and it is time to put it in its place! ;)

Spoil sports, Pffft :rolleyes:

Spoil sports, Pffft :rolleyes:

Cape Town is like a nanny state, although Zille's detractors would call it a "tannie state". :whistling:

"#moonlightmass reinstated after all parties reach concensus". Dankie tannie Helen, WC minister of toursism and the organisers.

"#moonlightmass reinstated after all parties reach concensus". Dankie tannie Helen, WC minister of toursism and the organisers.

Any idea what that consensus entails?

See yeall there tomorrow night :clap: , lets hope Tannie ;) Helen joins too. I'll personally buy her a gin & tonic (don't figure her for a beer kind of tannie).

There was a rant from a known veteran cyclist about the previous ride. Something about too many people riding without helmets and that it will be his mission to stop these events. Maybe a link?

This is the main reason for it being cancelled. It is Billy Stelling.

He bitches about everything and I wonder why he even rides a bike. He moans about everyone in front of him at a race is a doper, he sent out the mails some time back about all the "known" dopers and they must be exposed and when confronted he denied it.

Now he moans about this, maybe he should just ride his bike and have fun like the rest of us or just keep quite.

This is the main reason for it being cancelled. It is Billy Stelling.

He bitches about everything and I wonder why he even rides a bike. He moans about everyone in front of him at a race is a doper, he sent out the mails some time back about all the "known" dopers and they must be exposed and when confronted he denied it.

Now he moans about this, maybe he should just ride his bike and have fun like the rest of us or just keep quite.

He sounds like a hubber cyclist

SUNDAY RIDE IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BIG thank you goes to Minister Alan Winde who took it on himself to apply for the event permit for the Sunday night ride.

The city requirement for #moonlightmass are:

1. Minimum of 15 police officers to manage traffic

2. Minimum of 26 marshals

3. Public liability insurance

4. Paramedics

5. Helmets and lights

6. Riders to obey and follow all traffic laws

So with all of this in mind, it is now on us, the community to ensure that safety is our top priority.

https://www.facebook.com/moonlightmass/posts/434798096621020

Archived