2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

still loving my bike, but did find one tiny little slightly irritating problem....on a medium frame you can only fit a small bottle

Found out today that I can't fit a 750ml bottle on my large frame. No biggie. I have a Camelbak. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still loving my bike, but did find one tiny little slightly irritating problem....on a medium frame you can only fit a small bottle

I think they placed the mounts high to allow for a shock with a piggy back to be fitted (Trance SX), so you could probably make up an offset mount to move your bottle lower.

I think they placed the mounts high to allow for a shock with a piggy back to be fitted (Trance SX), so you could probably make up an offset mount to move your bottle lower.

Yip 750ml bottle fits with large frame and piggy back shock. I have a Monarch plus and full bottle still fits. Just need the side entry type

Found out today that I can't fit a 750ml bottle on my large frame. No biggie. I have a Camelbak. :)

I manage to get a 750ml bottle in the cage of my large frame, it just took a little time to get used to the awkward way of removing it and putting it back without looking down while riding. Now it doesn't bother me anymore. I think it will be easy to modify a normal bottle cage to give it some offset if needed.

Cool. Going to look for some different bottle cages this weekend. I suspect if I get one I can move down a bit (some come with more than 2 holes) I'll be able to get the bottle in.

On another note, does anyone know if the stock fork and shock that come with the bike can have a remote lockout added to them?

My brother has the same fork (with less travel) with a remote so it can be done but his Merida HT came like that. I'm not sure if you can get the kits and add them to the shock and\or fork and if so what it entails.

The shock is a Fox CTD Evolution and the fork is a Fox 32 Float CTD Evolution.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

On another note, does anyone know if the stock fork and shock that come with the bike can have a remote lockout added to them?

My brother has the same fork (with less travel) with a remote so it can be done but his Merida HT came like that. I'm not sure if you can get the kits and add them to the shock and\or fork and if so what it entails.

The shock is a Fox CTD Evolution and the fork is a Fox 32 Float CTD Evolution.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Fork, yes, You can add the remote system, there is a kit which you can order to do this... I remember reading the how-to and watching a guide from fox. Shock, no, I looked into it. The shock spring assembly etc. doesn't come as a kit so no way to do it. Which does suck a bit, as it is a long reach down on these bikes!

@big John were you the guy at Olympic last weekend with the brake issue? That is one sweet looking trance. It matched your description

i got a side entry cage but can still only fit a small bottle, i have a camelback so it's not a huge issue....will look into making it mount lower

Hi Mawbs, I got the Giant side entry cage (thanks Cyclesphere) and it fits a standard size bottle of 750ml (just measured its capacity now) fine.

@big John were you the guy at Olympic last weekend with the brake issue? That is one sweet looking trance. It matched your description

Yeah that was me... Thanks man. Those bloody brakes have had me scratching my head... Had new SLX fitted and have been through three sets of pads (no cost to me) because they keep getting contaminated. Oil leaking from somewhere (caliper or banjo bolt). Looks like it was caused by a messed up o ring on the banjo so hopefully it's all sorted now.

Forgive me for posting this question here but it may catch the eye of the informed.

I am currently on a 26" Trance with a 120 - 150 mm Rockshox fork. I would like to build a 29" Trance as I am 1.95 m tall. However these frames 2nd hand are as scarce as hens teeth especially in an XL size.

My question, anyone here switched from a 29" to a 27.5" who is a similar height and can offer some feed back?

I could ask my son in London to look out for a 29 frame if I decide to go that way.

Thanks.

Plentipotential

Hi Mawbs, I got the Giant side entry cage (thanks Cyclesphere) and it fits a standard size bottle of 750ml (just measured its capacity now) fine.

on the Trance medium frame ???

Yeah that was me... Thanks man. Those bloody brakes have had me scratching my head... Had new SLX fitted and have been through three sets of pads (no cost to me) because they keep getting contaminated. Oil leaking from somewhere (caliper or banjo bolt). Looks like it was caused by a messed up o ring on the banjo so hopefully it's all sorted now.

You should post an updated picture. Trance Sx killer right there. Pretty much everything but crank is different :lol:

You don't want to sell do you? ;)

Archived