Front tyre keeps getting flat

LONE TWO

Hi guys

My front tyre had a thorn in it, I pulled it out,plugged it and pumped it up (thinking all was fixed) within a few days it was flat again.

I have checked the tyre for anymore thorns etc and there are non so I don't no why it keeps going flat. (maybe the sealant is low?)

I have looked at my valve and it is bent abit from all the pumping. Will that be the reason?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

i assume you are running tubeless.

I suggest you replace the bent valve and add some more sealant.

also when inflating the tyre make sure its properly seated i.e. pump it to the max

And buy a pump with a hose.

Often using a handheld pump on a road bicycle you end up breaking the valve where it joins the tube.

Happened to me before.

Sponge some soapy water if you don't have a pool and/or want water to ingress.

There must be reason. Could be tape, valve, ... persevere.

I also have some Stans blobs around 3-4 of my spoke nipples, appears my rim strip has degraded to the point of needing replacement, planning on doing it when i change the tire next (or when yet another spoke breaks)

I have put it in water and I haven't seen any bubbles but will try again.

I am kinda sure it is the valve or sealant but just wanted to check with you fine knowledgeable people first

before I go to LBS

btw, what tyres are you running?

some of the continetal tyres has an issue with small leaks on the sidewall, which means that you have yo turn the tyre on its sides to ensure the stans get to seal it

I also have some Stans blobs around 3-4 of my spoke nipples, appears my rim strip has degraded to the point of needing replacement, planning on doing it when i change the tire next (or when yet another spoke breaks)

Some lesser quality nipples get eaten by the Stans :cursing: - had to respoke a whole wheel for my son recently because of that ..... started breaking spokes (not the spoke but the nipple though) on just about every ride!

Hi guys

My front tyre had a thorn in it, I pulled it out,plugged it and pumped it up (thinking all was fixed) within a few days it was flat again.

I have checked the tyre for anymore thorns etc and there are non so I don't no why it keeps going flat. (maybe the sealant is low?)

I have looked at my valve and it is bent abit from all the pumping. Will that be the reason?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

I see now what your problem is, You need new wheels. Just buy them

Some lesser quality nipples get eaten by the Stans :cursing: - had to respoke a whole wheel for my son recently because of that ..... started breaking spokes (not the spoke but the nipple though) on just about every ride!

Cool anodized funky colored ones?

Eish.... Those are just horrible. What most people dont realise is that steel and alu dont live well together. They oxidize, seize and sheer...... But they look so bling! (double eish because I have heard that way too often)

But besides the point...

OP, replace the valve and while doing that, see if the tape is still adhering to the rim. If not for 20zar you get the LBS to rim (tape) you, insert valve and if you ask nicely they will likely let you use their compressor to re seat your tire....

It then need to be ridden to allow the revolutions to disperse the sealant under pressure and well, its a mtb wheel so it deserves to be ridden, all the time.

good luck