Whats going on with The Jock?

Li Mu Bai

I have just received a notification for the Jock Cycle race next year.

I am a bit concerned. Since ASG has taken over the entry fee has increaced by by 50% in 2 years.

Is this reasonable? R720 for the 3 satges (in one day)

Not only has the traditional route changed (assumed because of the Barberton road works) but the goodie bag doesnt even include the fleece jacket from 2012.

It seems a real pity, and I would like to know why is this race suddenly costing so much more? Stadium hire?

any thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R720 for the 3 satges (in one day)

That is a bit extreme hey. This year was R550 or so which seemed fair to me as it included all the meals at the stops etc but R550 to R720 is a massive increase...

I have just received a notification for the Jock Cycle race next year.

I am a bit concerned. Since ASG has taken over the entry fee has increaced by by 50% in 2 years.

Is this reasonable? R720 for the 3 satges (in one day)

Not only has the traditional route changed (assumed because of the Barberton road works) but the goodie bag doesnt even include the fleece jacket from 2012.

It seems a real pity, and I would like to know why is this race suddenly costing so much more? Stadium hire?

any thoughts?

Maybe they just want their Pinarello riding kinsman there along for the ride... :blush:

And remember, everything they do is for the love of cycling in SA, we would be nowhere without them :whistling:

A real pity, it was an awesome event :thumbup:

I think its ridiculous, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that all ASG races are a lot more expensive than the rest. the new route of the jock was awesome this year, but im seriously considering not doing it again because its just becoming a farce with the entry fees. Why dont they give us a choice if we want breakfast and lunch, because im sure more than half the guys / girls dont even get to use it anyway and its not all that great for what you get.

Like the saying goes opionions are like a?!holes, everyone has one.

And remember, everything they do is for the love of cycling money, we would be nowhere much better off without them

Fixed it. They will not stop until they suck the last drop of blood out of us.

ASG these days are only out to take advantage of the cycling community instead of supporting the events. They have lost the plot!

ASG these days are only out to take advantage of the cycling community instead of supporting the events. They have lost the plot!

Yap. My last 2 dealings with ASG recently ended extremely negative with a bunch of snotty and sarcastic emails from them. My money to be spent elsewhere.

That is a bit extreme hey. This year was R550 or so which seemed fair to me as it included all the meals at the stops etc but R550 to R720 is a massive increase...

Kremetart next year which is four stages also including snacks between stages ad a lunch and a meal afterwards will be clocking in at R470.00. Think 720 is ludicrous.

I think that's way too much.

The Jock is my favourite one-day race. Even better, I prefer the new route to the old one. But there is no way that I am paying R700+ for three 50km stages. Is all of that going for venue hire?

Surely 1.125 million Souf African Raundts is far too much to pay for venue hire at two schools and one stadium (that simple calculation does NOT include any entries for the 1 and two stage race)!!!

We really do not get that much for one Jock entry...

Kremetart next year which is four stages also including snacks between stages ad a lunch and a meal afterwards will be clocking in at R470.00. Think 720 is ludicrous.

That is where ASG will lose out, we were planning on doing both the Kremetart and the Jock. Now we are not doing the Jock but will be going to do the Kremetart. So by trying to rip us off they have now lost out on five entries.

Edited by Ryan

I thought your were joking and went to check for myself. What the freak! The new route is great, but not that great. This still excludes 2 nights' accommodation, travel and food.

Dis moer funny.

I'll use that money AGAIN and pay for my accommodation for my whole family and ride the route the next weekend. For FREE. What a bargain.

As jy die regte mense ken het jy nie eers nodig om vir die verblyf te betaal nie... :clap: