Brick transporter hits bridge with extended arm, Comaro Drv (South Jhb)

awesme

+1 regarding the people next to the bridge.

Wonder how an E-toll gantry would take such a knock......just a thought.

Not cool where people dies a horrible death. Sad about the lives lost.

Did the truck's brakes fail as well? I mean it didn't appear to even try and slow down after it hit.

Not cool where people dies a horrible death. Sad about the lives lost.

Totally agree. Is is not cool when people die. Especially if a person dies in such a horrible and unexpected tragic manner. Condolences to the various affected families.

Thanks big h.

Did the truck's brakes fail as well? I mean it didn't appear to even try and slow down after it hit.

didn't ave a chance to, cellar. Driver was probably knocked to the other side of the cab when it went onto its side, and then couldn't get to the brakes.

Not often that you see the okes wearing their belts.

Wanted to look at the video again to respond to Cellar but it has now been removed. But I agree with cpt armpies mayhem that by the time the driver was able to able brakes again he was long gone over the pedestrians. He got shook up pretty badly in there.

I see youtube removed the video

What I did notice when it was up was that at least 3 cars drove passed and didn't bother stopping to help

I did not enjoy watching that video. Terrible to witness loss of life, no matter the circumstances.

Trucks scare the shite out of me, the negligence of correctly maintaining and driving these things is a huge problem in this country. Not to mention speed.

I see youtube removed the video

What I did notice when it was up was that at least 3 cars drove passed and didn't bother stopping to help

Yip. Also noticed that.

Yeah. It's not as if they couldn't se what was happening. The only car to stop was that red one...

And then the Bakkie after it mounted pavement on the island.

Very tragic that people can just drive off.

:offtopic: I have not seen the video but I have seen some shocking and disgusting content on Youtube. Is it really as bad that they had to remove the video?

:offtopic: I have not seen the video but I have seen some shocking and disgusting content on Youtube. Is it really as bad that they had to remove the video?

Dunno about shocking and disgusting, it was a normal video of a traffic accident in which people happened to be killed.

The quality wasn't that great, and it certainly wasn't possible to identify those killed.