Which is the best Medical Aid?

Roneblack46

Def. not Discovery . Don't agree with a previous post. You DON'T get what jou pay for, regardless of your option. The Discovery representatives and the reps. from their agent , AON, are TOTALLY useless , unapproachable and uncontactable.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been on Medihelp Necesse option for about 5 years. It is their network option. No savings account that can run out. After 9 visits you have to get an auth number and that is as easy as a sms. They are not great in paying meds but we don't need a lot of those. In regards to hospital, they are awesome. Had 2 knee ops, an appendectomy, miscarriage and my daughters birth in the last 5 years and we only paid what the surgeon charged over and above medical aid rate. We will def stick with them.

Def. not Discovery . Don't agree with a previous post. You DON'T get what jou pay for, regardless of your option. The Discovery representatives and the reps. from their agent , AON, are TOTALLY useless , unapproachable and uncontactable.

I agree with you .Discovery is manipulating the system for extra profit every year

In some religions it is the norm and encouraged

Which are those?

Just interesting to people so young with such big families .. on purpose

We have been on Medihelp Necesse option for about 5 years. It is their network option. No savings account that can run out. After 9 visits you have to get an auth number and that is as easy as a sms. They are not great in paying meds but we don't need a lot of those. In regards to hospital, they are awesome. Had 2 knee ops, an appendectomy, miscarriage and my daughters birth in the last 5 years and we only paid what the surgeon charged over and above medical aid rate. We will def stick with them.

Just as I started to think I'm the only one with Medihelp.

I'm moving from Dimension Prime 1 to Prime 3.

Seems the more I pay for my medical aid, the healthier I stay and the less I use it............. :huh:

I'm on Discovery's Key Care Plus, at R1490/month. I go to network GP's and hospitals and I pay almost nothing in. I can go to the GP as many times as I need, and as long as I get authorisation for hospital visits, it only costs me around R300 to check in.

I've had a number of procedures in the last few years (totaling over R80k) and my total pay in has been in the region of about R2500. It's really a great plan if you use if properly and follow their rules about procedures.

Which are those?

Just interesting to people so young with such big families .. on purpose

(This is what I was told when I asked a girl that got engadged a little while ago....she is 18 now, not finished with school yet)

"We are counseled to get married and have children even before our education is completed. Marriage and family is extremely important in Mormonism, even more important than education and career."

(This is what I was told when I asked a girl that got engadged a little while ago....she is 18 now, not finished with school yet)

"We are counseled to get married and have children even before our education is completed. Marriage and family is extremely important in Mormonism, even more important than education and career."

What is your view?

I think at 18 you still have a lot of growing and learning to do. If family is so important surely you would want to be in a position to give them everything you possibly can - and without a good education/work this is not always possible.

Not that this is this guys case - just unusual to see that in non rural areas ....

What is your view?

I think at 18 you still have a lot of growing and learning to do. If family is so important surely you would want to be in a position to give them everything you possibly can - and without a good education/work this is not always possible.

Not that this is this guys case - just unusual to see that in non rural areas ....

(I think it is best if I do not state my honest views on here)

Topic related - I doubt she even knows who to call regarding medical aids and what one should get from a medical aid etc. (sad but true)

(I think it is best if I do not state my honest views on here)

Topic related - I doubt she even knows who to call regarding medical aids and what one should get from a medical aid etc. (sad but true)

Haha - that would be a hub first

got a hospital plan only with momentum - then the monthly "savings" you normally have on your aid, I put aside in a bank account - that way I pay cash - you get discount if you do.

but they are sharks all the same...

Iwas wondering about that.. I am also with Medihelp but on the comprehensive package and have never had any major issues. Will look into it....

Changed from Discovery Classic Comp to a Discovery Hospital Plan at the beginning of this year - saved me loads and I now negotiate with doctors and dentists. Even had a visit to casualty the other day and when you tell them you are 'private' they are quite open about doing only that which is required. I get quotes where possible and again, notice that the number of items I get billed for are way fewer than I would have if I had been on the old Classic Comp. There is no real difference as the Discovery Savings is your money, just now I get to choose how I spend it.

Have to say that I do believe that there is still risk but risk vs rip off.

Took my chances...