Choices choices

PrinceVlad

Hi Guys

I want to buy a new road bike and my budget is about 6000. I am currently looking at either the Trek 1.1 or the Jamis Venture Comp.

The Trek is R6000 and the Jamis R4800. The Trek is a 8 speed and the Jamis 9 speed, both with Shimano parts (2300 vs Sora).

Which one would you pick?

Hi Guys

I want to buy a new road bike and my budget is about 6000. I am currently looking at either the Trek 1.1 or the Jamis Venture Comp.

The Trek is R6000 and the Jamis R4800. The Trek is a 8 speed and the Jamis 9 speed, both with Shimano parts (2300 vs Sora).

The bargains in the classifieds.Check out bikebay also

Agreed. Go for something better second hand than entry-level new. You could pick up something really nice for 6k.

Or get a good second hand for 5k and use the 1k for a proper service (peace of mind) and some extras(bombs, tjoops etc)

If the Trek is still 8 speed, then stay away. The only 8speed still made is Shimano 2000 series and that is the bottom of the bottom. The Jamis is a better buy.

With some carefull shopping you could get a really nice second hand bike (although I always say that it is better to go new) or you may even pick up a Tiagra 10 speed or even a105 10 speed bike new on discount. Places like Solomons often have such specials.

If I remember they were selling a Fuji Roubaix with 105 parts for R6 999

Hi Guys

None.

I went to Solomons not too long ago and picked up and Axis AR30 with 10 speed Tiagra for 5999... As my first bike, very happy with it (and the price lol)

Ok decided on the Jamis.

It is a good looking bike and seems to have decent specs for the price.

It seems that it has:

Ritchey Bar and stem as well as seatpost,

Mavic Wheels

Tiagra rear derailleur, Sora FD

Sora shifters, 9 speed.

All for the price of R4800.