Earning Discovery Vitality Points via MTB events

Uthuli

So I just hooked myself and my gf into vitality through a life policy covering the new house.

Is it worthwhile to do all the assessments we can through (we have done the online ones) before the end of the year.

I have logged all my riding with endomondo (3000km in commuting) which won't count it seems.

I don't see us getting to gold before the end of the year?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just" as in within the last few days? When did cover start?

If within the last month - wait till January to do all that. If more than 7 months, do it now as it will affect your 5 yearly payback and next year's premium increases.

We got onto vitality as of the 01 December 2013. We will make it onto bronze when we finish the rest of the online assessments.

If we do the vitality check, fitness assessment and nutrition assessment to get as high as we can now, can we do it all again in January or is there a monthly limit that applies even across new calendar years?

• 2 weeks later...

how do you log an event ?

I know about the mapmyride to upload activities, but how do you log W2W or other events ?

• 2 weeks later...

I sent discovery an email - basically bemoaning the fact that my sister goes to do a Modderfontein park run and earns 500 pts each time for a 5km run/walk - but my non-race rides count for nought. I don't have a garmin.

I just got the following response from them.

"We have identified various monitors and possible partners, specifically to increase the range from which Vitality members can choose in order to record their physical activity data. We would like to thank you for your valuable suggestion and assure you that it is something we are working on.

You can keep an eye on our product developments going forward. Thank you again for your positive contribution."

fingers crossed I can get some more points in 2014.

I sent discovery an email - basically bemoaning the fact that my sister goes to do a Modderfontein park run and earns 500 pts each time for a 5km run/walk - but my non-race rides count for nought. I don't have a garmin.

"We have identified various monitors and possible partners, specifically to increase the range from which Vitality members can choose in order to record their physical activity data. We would like to thank you for your valuable suggestion and assure you that it is something we are working on.

You can keep an eye on our product developments going forward. Thank you again for your positive contribution."

Point are not much of a problem to get. Despite having a BMI > 25 and blood pressure > 120/80 I still make my points to maintain Diamond status every year. Might have an issue next year when they do not allow carry over anymore though. Guess I'll just have to upload the Garmin stuff religiously then.... and go visit the dietician for the extra 5K points.

Am expecting to get off Discovery end of 2014 though. Only have life insurance with them, and can get it much cheaper through work - in addition to our group life scheme. Not going to forgo the > R20K paypack from Discovery though, so I'll play the patience game for a few months more ;)

I log rides on my phone using their VitalityFit app for Android. Works perfectly except that I don't get 500 points per ride. Think you can only get up to 250 max.

Excuse my ignorance, but I cant seem to figure out how to upload my workouts from my Garmin to vitality. I can upload them to the Garmin dashboard, but when I follow the instructions on the discovery website, i get totally lost. can anyone help?

Excuse my ignorance, but I cant seem to figure out how to upload my workouts from my Garmin to vitality. I can upload them to the Garmin dashboard, but when I follow the instructions on the discovery website, i get totally lost. can anyone help?

To upload Garmin

Select Wellness Tools

Workout Tracker

Upload Workout

Select Garmin

Should detect your device and show workouts

Select Submit

Make sure its uploaded by selecting "Upload more" once done

I log rides on my phone using their VitalityFit app for Android. Works perfectly except that I don't get 500 points per ride. Think you can only get up to 250 max.

Cool have downloaded the app, will check it out. Tx.

I use it now on my note 3. Can pair with my garmin hr strap...

Well I'm gonna run endomondo (for my own personal tracking of progress) and vitalityFit for pts, until they partner with endomondo as well.

Will be interesting to see how well the phone's battery manages that.