How much would you pay for an entry into the Absa Cape Epic?

Claudio

As an official charity partner Qhubeka is offering you the opportunity to get your hands on a sought-after 2014 Absa Cape Epic team entry. By taking part you’ll get to ride the Absa Cape Epic and help us mobilise people on bicycles. All you have to do is post the highest bid for the team entry.

Click here to view the article

looks like they raised a massive R2100.

think they might need to rethink the term 'sought after'. I know it makes no sense that a 100 tickets get sold out in a minute in april, yet this one has four offers all in the same ballpark.

Ish, R48k for the ticket and only R2.1k goes to charity? I don't know what's more sad, the fact that it costs R46k to do this event or that so little of it goes to charity....

Edited by silvertemplar

Personally i think they should have donated the Entry to Qhubeka

My understanding is that the entry was donated to and sold by Qhubeka

Personally i think they should have donated the Entry to Qhubeka

Yip that would have been a classy thing to do.

My understanding is that the entry was donated to and sold by Qhubeka

So Qhubeka takes the R46k for free and give the rest to charity? Shouldn't all proceedings go to a charity as it was donated to Qhubeka? Not cool.

So Qhubeka takes the R46k for free and give the rest to charity? Shouldn't all proceedings go to a charity as it was donated to Qhubeka? Not cool.

Qhubeka is the charity and will use the money to buy and supply bicycles as they do. What do you think Qhubeka is? A company?

EDIT: link - http://qhubeka.org/2013/

Edited by jcza

Ish, R48k for the ticket and only R2.1k goes to charity? I don't know what's more sad, the fact that it costs R46k to do this event or that so little of it goes to charity....

Qhubeka is the charity and will use the money to buy and supply bicycles as they do. What do you think Qhubeka is? A company?

EDIT: link - http://qhubeka.org/2013/

I'm referring to what silver said. What will the R46k be used for?

Will be used to buy bicycles which is what Qhubeka does. Have a look at the site.

Aah ok. :thumbup: That's better. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm referring to what silver said. What will the R46k be used for?

Will be used to buy bicycles which is what Qhubeka does. Have a look at the site.

I haven't read all the fine print, but I doubt Absa Cape Epic would have given this entry to MTN for free? So MTN still had to pay for the entry - hence only money over and above the base cost goes to charity.

Correct me if I'm incorrect.