Intense Tracer Build Up

Guest Omega Man

The Zee (DH option) has a 28t capacity and the Zee (FR) option has a 36t capacity, so if you're running a 1 x 10 setup you'll be able to run a cassette with a max size of 39t or 47t respectively, if I'm not mistaken (EDIT to add: assuming that the smallest cog on your cassette is 11t).

I don't think the Zee will be able to take up enough chainslack in order to have an 11 to 47 cassette.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 104. the smallest ring you can fit without monkeying with spacers is 32. and with spacers 30. I think the SRAM X01 and X11 are 90 something so you can go down to 28.

Jaco Veldskoen (local good bike mech) reckons your biggest impact will be on the cluster to so doing bigger out back has more of an impact than going smaller out front.

Up to a point and then it switches

I don't think the Zee will be able to take up enough chainslack in order to have an 11 to 47 cassette.

Fortunately for us there is no cassette with a 47t cog, so I guess well never know, but if you're running the FR version you'll probably be running a dual ring up front in which case you'll want/need the 36t capacity.

Fortunately for us there is no cassette with a 47t cog, so I guess we'll never know, but if you're running the FR version you'll probably be running a dual ring up front in which case you'll want/need the 36t capacity.

If there's one thing I've learnt from Justin, it's to never say never!

...that and also not to try turn a visit to Anne Frank's home into a "look how awesome I am" statement.

But yeah, I found that my Saint RD with the AM converter was able to track an 11-36T just fine. But when I was running a 36T/28T combo up front, the short cage couldn't take up enough chain slack to use the 28T with the smaller prockets on the cassette.

Fortunately for us there is no cassette with a 47t cog, so I guess well never know, but if you're running the FR version you'll probably be running a dual ring up front in which case you'll want/need the 36t capacity.

Currently running an 11-41 cassette and it just takes up the slack.

Previously had it with a 38/26 and 12-36 cassette and worked just fine

Guest Omega Man

So I went to go collect my new frame. OMG it's gorgeous.

The color is called Works Black. They start out with a Works Raw frame and then powder coat it a shiny black but it's translucent. Stunning.

So I went to go collect my new frame. OMG it's gorgeous.

The color is called Works Black. They start out with a Works Raw frame and then powder coat it a shiny black but it's translucent. Stunning.

You may now proceed to thank me. ;)

Guest Omega Man

You may now proceed to thank me. ;)

Thank you. Your commission cheque is at JP's shop.

Thank you. Your commission cheque is at JP's shop.

Haha! No shame I can't take bread out of the man's mouth. He already made a loss selling the frame at that price.

Guest Omega Man

Sorry for the bar. It's in a bit of a state at the moment.

I accidentally bought a Fizik Tundra ll as well. The seapost is just until I can get a shim for my dropper.

Headset is in and now we wait for the Post Office.

post-18968-0-40703800-1386326781_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Got a temp rear wheel so there's no reason not to go ahead and get er done.

Let's HIT IT!

Got a temp rear wheel so there's no reason not to go ahead and get er done.

Let's HIT IT!

Yes bos.. i like your no mess no fuss style :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Yes bos.. i like your no mess no fuss style :thumbup:

Haha. I'm not known for my patience. In fact calling me impatient implies that I have some.

Haha. I'm not known for my patience. In fact calling me impatient implies that I have some.

Still need to get the shim and sprocket to you

Guest Omega Man

Still need to get the shim and sprocket to you

Yes pleeeeeze