What roadbike around 40K

Jaco-fiets

If insurance agrees I will be looking at a new roadbike

What do you guys suggest for around that price? I was thinking scott foil perhaps. Thought I would get a 2013 Foil 10 for a good price only to find out that they did not bring in any 2013 foil 10's. I did however get a good price so far on the foil team (slightly higher than price indication obviously). Another thought was trying a Fondriest but then I guess I would have to build 1 up which would cost a bit more than 40K

Open to suggestions pls

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have the foil 10 2012, it's an amazing bike, but the 2014 foil 10 is not the high level hmx carbon as the 12 /13 models but Are tha same frame as the 20 15 even 40, hmf.

If. You can get a 2012 foil 10 or premium in good condition but it, I see city cycles at canal walk has a new 2012 foil 10, I'm sure you can get them to neg to a very good price. Sorry not to offend fondriest riders, rather go with a proven tour bike, not a house brand frame despite all technical jargon, the 2014 addict is another option..if you add few more randelas.

What a great space to. Be in

Have fun

Cana

Loads of options, just about any brand.

What do you fancy (except the foil)

Don't mind trying something else. Had sram red on stolen bike so preferably something with no lower than 11sp ultegra if I have to.

If insurance agrees I will be looking at a new roadbike

What do you guys suggest for around that price? I was thinking scott foil perhaps. Thought I would get a 2013 Foil 10 for a good price only to find out that they did not bring in any 2013 foil 10's. I did however get a good price so far on the foil team (slightly higher than price indication obviously). Another thought was trying a Fondriest but then I guess I would have to build 1 up which would cost a bit more than 40K

Open to suggestions pls

What were you riding?

Hi

I have the foil 10 2012, it's an amazing bike, but the 2014 foil 10 is not the high level hmx carbon as the 12 /13 models but Are tha same frame as the 20 15 even 40, hmf.

If. You can get a 2012 foil 10 or premium in good condition but it, I see city cycles at canal walk has a new 2012 foil 10, I'm sure you can get them to neg to a very good price. Sorry not to offend fondriest riders, rather go with a proven tour bike, not a house brand frame despite all technical jargon, the 2014 addict is another option..if you add few more randelas.

What a great space to. Be in

Have fun

Cana

What would you reckon a great price would be for the 2012 scott foil 10? I did phone city cycles. They gave me a price but to be honest I can get the 2013 foil team issue for just 3K more than what they offered the 2012 foil 10 for

What were you riding?

Had a ckt 369 which I built up with the spec I wanted about 4 years ago. At that stage the built cost me around 46K. It had sram red, eastern ec 90 earo handlebar and various other things I preferred. Building up a bike with that spec will cost me way more now so it would be better buying a complete built of the 2013 stock at good price

Don't mind trying something else. Had sram red on stolen bike so preferably something with no lower than 11sp ultegra if I have to.

2014 cannondale?

Supersix evo ultegra and use the spare change (10k) for racing wheels

2014 cannondale?

Supersix evo ultegra and use the spare change (10k) for racing wheels

Luckily I still have my 50mm darhorse carbon clinchers. The bike had the AM classic sprint 350 wheelset on when they stole it

Dale EVO

Swift Ultravox

Spesc Sl4

Scott Foil.....new Addict will be out soon.

Trek Madone

Fuji

Pretty sure that you could get a 2013 DA speced bike for that or a little more

With that price range your list is endless

Luckily I still have my 50mm darhorse carbon clinchers. The bike had the AM classic sprint 350 wheelset on when they stole it

Di2 maybe

2013 Focus Izalco with 11spd DA groupset and wheels brand new call desomond @ complete cyclist he can sort you out.

Speak nicely you might get a even better price.

You're considering the Scott.

It's a firm, racy ride.

No dissipation of energy there, but replace your fillings often. Heehee.

The Evo is semi-racy, semi-comfy.

Superb frame. Matt black. Oh yeah.

Sorry, no specs for you - just commentary about rollin' feel.

Edited by ' Dale