Cradle of Humankind MTB trail

rouxtjie

While riding the cradle this weekend I noticed that a awesome looking new trail has been cut alongside the R374 going towards the Lion Park.

Does anyone know anything about it, start/end points etc.

Hi. They started building last weekend. The chap who did the Wines to Whales track is overseeing the building. Chatted with him a bit. I think it starts at Something Country, and goes down to the Lhino Park. The plan is to have a loop all the way around past Lanseria, I think. There is an article in the latest Ride Mag. Great to have new stuff and thanks to the organisers.

Gauteng Provincial Government who developed the cycle lanes in the cradle, have decided to build the MTB trail. This is great for all of us and at least our tax paying money is going somewhere which is really beneficial.

We always ride from Something Country . . .

Coming soon . . . . Road ride Saturdays, MTB ride Sundays

The trail follows the road from "Gateway 1" (Kloofzicht) to "Gateway 2" (Lanseria side)? What's the point if you don't mind me asking?

• 3 months later...

So i went to visit the official website for this MTB route...http://cradlemtb.wordpress.com/trail-map/

I'm battling to understand something... once you reach the Kloofzicht lodge from the R374, do you turn left at the circle, or do you carry on over the circle towards Kloofzicht lodge?

Edited by ByronH

So i went to visit the official website for this MTB route...http://cradlemtb.wordpress.com/trail-map/

I'm battling to understand something... once you reach the Kloofzicht lodge from the R374, do you turn left at the circle, or do you carry on over the circle towards Kloofzicht lodge?

Hey Byron, I rode the cradle last weekend on my road bike it did not look like that trail is open yet. I saw signs saying please dont use the trail until officially open. By the way hows the wife enjoying the Merida?

Hey Ivan!

Thanks for the reply, i'll keep my eyes peeled for when it opens up.

She has thoroughly enjoyed the Merida :thumbup:

But she's 5 months preg at the moment, so taking a little break....