When is a light frame too light?

The_Break

LOL' date=' sorry I'm venting!

Just get irritated that at races, some people think they are better cos they got a HOT ride...

Nothing wrong with spending your hard earned bucks on a bit of bling.

Was just itterating that people mustn't assume because he/she (or me) is on a *** bike, we're not good... if that makes sense.

As for am I the best climber on the HUB?

I'd like to think I'm pretty close...
[/quote']

When is the challenge going to take place? Please let me know who wins!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL' date=' sorry I'm venting!

Just get irritated that at races, some people think they are better cos they got a HOT ride...

Nothing wrong with spending your hard earned bucks on a bit of bling.

Was just itterating that people mustn't assume because he/she (or me) is on a *** bike, we're not good... if that makes sense.

As for am I the best climber on the HUB?

I'd like to think I'm pretty close...
[/quote']

He...he...he..

You would be amazed to see who is on the Hub!!!  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/bmwrider.gif

Some good quality guys and girls. 

Some of them crap like Nochain.  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

As for the bike.

Well I used to ride a Hansom......(Don't tell anyone) and I LOVED to go past these pansies like Marius up the climbs passing them on their Specialized this and Colnago that!! 

Hey Spidey, maybe you should think about going back to that Hansom. Maybe it will help you remember what it feels like to actually go past somebody!!Big%20smile<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hey Spidey' date=' maybe you should think about going back to that Hansom. Maybe it will help you remember what it feels like to actually go past somebody!!Big%20smile<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

I passed you on Sunday, did I not.  Big%20smile

Ok guys... here is my ride <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Specialized 49 SL2

K sword bar and stem combo

Full record groupo

Key win pedals

Specialized bottle cage

Rolf ?lans (1300g clincher)

Ti scewers

Specialized toupe saddle

Full weight 6.74kg

Ok it?s a smaller frame but still not bad

HAHA!

I think I hijacked this thread...

But seriously, I was most annoyed in two situations... The Burger, I was lined up on the start, right on the front and some chop asks me to move back, so I ask why, and he says cos he's better than me, so I ask how he knows that,and he says cos I'm riding a RC3000....

Case 2: the Cobra- myself and another three guys broke from our group and caught the group ahead, then a couple of 'Italian bicycle riders' in the group start laughing at my "POSTMAN" bike!

Till one of the three guys I broke away with tells them, "Shut your mouth, cos the hills are still coming, and they haven't seen him climb yet."

Needless to say, I finished 7 minutes ahead of the group, waited at the top of Ou kaaps for the rest to finish, where the 'Italian bicycle riders' actually apologised!

All I'm saying is: Don't assume...

What MANY riders lack in machine, make up more than enough in talent!

Hey Spidey' date=' maybe you should think about going back to that Hansom. Maybe it will help you remember what it feels like to actually go past somebody!!Big%20smile<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

I passed you on Sunday, did I not.  Big%20smile

Yup,on almost all the downhills!!LOLLOLO and when you where trying to take the kids candy by sprinting for 50th placeBig%20smileWink

Case 2: the Cobra- myself and another three guys broke from our group and caught the group ahead' date=' then a couple of 'Italian bicycle riders' in the group start laughing at my "POSTMAN" bike![/quote']

You can ride a Raleigh Team edition Carbon bike and they will still laugh at you!!!  Big%20smile

N? Taylorchick.  Wa jou Rixi???  LOL

ok people, catch a wakeup. you think bicycles improved that much over the last 100 years.

Thousands of these were made in the early 1900's. weight = 19 pounds, = 8.64 kg. 3 speed gears. broke many records

http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/originals/various_img/1906_1/dursley1906a.jpg

http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/originals/various_img/1902_1.jpg

the tandem weighed 22 pounds = 11 kgs

http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/originals/various_img/mdtandem.jpg 

What are you guys on?!

I ride a 2006 Raleigh RC3000 with Tiagra 9-speed (which I paid R4900 for)!

The bike weighs 12+kgs..!

I am 1.79m tall and weigh 62kg (approximately 6-7% fat)

And I'll 'out-climb' any of you guys (excluding elites)!

I been cycling for about 1' date='5 years and during funrides I get ragged about my 'el-cheapo' bike, and I get a little annoyed.

Riding a more expensive, stiffer, lighter ride, doesn't make you a better rider...

[/quote']

it actually does...but not a lot but it does make quiet a difference.

it actually does...but not a lot but it does make quiet a difference.

Sounding a little confused there AL Confused

nice long hill (5km)....light bike maybe 30sec to 40sec........as to 3min to 4min what people expect a light bike should do....so there is a diff but not a lot

nice long hill (5km)....light bike maybe 30sec to 40sec........as to 3min to 4min what people expect a light bike should do....so there is a diff but not a lot

I think you're a little optimistic. Have a look at http://www.analyticcycling.com/ForcesLessWeight_Page.html

A 1kg saving on a 5km climb of 5% gradient for a 70kg rider (@300w, which is about race pace) will only save you 7secs.

You guys are all missing the point - aero is far more important than weight.

I think you're a little optimistic. Have a look at http://www.analyticcycling.com/ForcesLessWeight_Page.html

A 1kg saving on a 5km climb of 5% gradient for a 70kg rider (@300w' date=' which is about race pace) will only save you 7secs.

You guys are all missing the point - aero is far more important than weight.

[/quote']

poena...just using this as an example....if this would help you I will change it....nice long hill (5km)....light bike maybe 7sec to 10sec........as to 1min to 2min to what people expect a light bike should do....so there is a

diff but not a lot.

just love it when people get so technical!Confused

AuctionLamb2008-02-21 07:37:06

Why is everyone so serious today??

maybe because it is almost weekend and people get nurvous for weekend racing!!LOL