Full Suspension Bike - R30K Budget

Caerus

I like the idea of the Blackspade custom bike, although a more trail orientated frame seems a better option for my type of riding. So far the options are looking like in no specific order of preference, Santa Cruz, Trance, Intense & PYGA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Is there anything in a carbon frame within that budget, not that it is an absolute necessity.

Not for 30k.

I would go trance and you have an extra 10 for a dropper and awesome wheelset.

And a proper fork when he sells the Fox. Cos those new CTD units, even though they're "fixed" are still shaite.

I would go trance and you have an extra 10 for a dropper and awesome wheelset.

I like your thinking sir :thumbup:

Spoke to the guys up in Debben, they can't get any Stan's Arches for 3 months to go with the Matte black Trance :eek: Doh, what other options, they offered me a Mavic wheelset they mentioned R5.5k , but not sure what those would be and not to keen on Mavics either, still waiting on the final quote so not sure what Mavis they would have been. They would have the bike ready for me Monday, now that's service :thumbup: They would have come in at R24K

Spoke to the guys up in Debben, they can't get any Stan's Arches for 3 months to go with the Matte black Trance :eek: Doh, what other options, they offered me a Mavic wheelset they mentioned R5.5k , but not sure what those would be and not to keen on Mavics either, still waiting on the final quote so not sure what Mavis they would have been. They would have the bike ready for me Monday, now that's service :thumbup: They would have come in at R24K

They have a set of ZTR Flow EXs on Hope hubs at CWC for about R5500

WTB frequency i23 650b custom build....... the rims come in around R600

They have a set of ZTR Flow EXs on Hope hubs at CWC for about R5500

Do you reckon to go with the Flow, or the Arches? I weigh in at a hefty 80kg, the flows are obviously more suited to All Mountain whereas the Arches are more in line with XC riding, I will be doing a bit of both with this bike(bare in mind I do have a hardtail for race days) I'm certainly not a hard rider, and don't think I will be busting out doing massive jumps or intense DH riding. Edited by Caerus

Do you reckon to go with the Flow, or the Arches? I weigh in at a hefty 80kg, the flows are obviously more suited to All Mountain whereas the Arches are more in line with XC riding, I will be doing a bit of both with this bike(bare in mind I do have a hardtail for race days) I'm certainly not a hard rider, and don't think I will be busting out doing massive jumps or intense DH riding.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. FYI there's a 90g difference in weight between them.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. FYI there's a 90g difference in weight between them.

I don't think I'm gnarly enough for the flows( although one always likes to think it), would be a waste though :thumbup: Need to start getting some pricing together on Monday. Then the week after do some test riding hopefully when back in Debben.

Go to blackspade and let the build a bike to your budget!!!!!!

Ye he wants trail bike not a weight weenie machine , :thumbup:

but if so rather -

Go to hongfu(or 1 of the other 10 chinese manufacturers) and let them build a bike to your budget!!!!!!

Ye he wants trail bike not a weight weenie machine , :thumbup:

but if so rather -

Go to hongfu(or 1 of the other 10 chinese manufacturers) and let them build a bike to your budget!!!!!!

I'm going from a Trance 26er(alu) that is is fairly light, if I want light I will ride my carbon hardtail, I want something that can take a beating and give me a beating at the same time when I'm in " I think I can mode :devil: " .

Frame, fork & wheels in order of importance, I can change components way down the line if need be. Always wanted a Cruz though :drool:

Would there be any change left I did go the Cruz route for a wheel upgrade at purchase time?