[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you are the rider I left my multitool chain breaker with towards the end of the marathon please pm me.

Sorry I did the 75km 2007m ascent on my garmin. I was wondering about these times, mine was over 7 hours!

Times are about an hour slower because of the mud.

What was the elevation for the 45km? Made Dullstroom feel like a kiddies ride.

Even when dry Sabie makes other events feel like kiddies rides (Barberton excluded!)

45km today was not easy, but I improved my time from last year by about 20 minutes (from 4:05ish down to 3:45). I was very surprised with the B starting batch, but thoroughly enjoyed the little traffic out on the route.

The conditions was not too bad compared to last year, but there was a good few surprisingly deep muddy puddles. The fire road descend was scary with only the 2 tracks to choose from, descended slowly and carefully.

My son (almost 9) did the 10km solo and finished 9th overall in his age category! Looks like dads not needed to keep him pedalling after all...

I will plan for this one again next year! Another chance to try and pedal all the hills (two was a bit too much and I decided to rather take a stroll)

Edited by johanpre44

Ping Nickc: how did your race go? Give it horns?

Hey EZRider, after a long layoff started in B on the 45km and did okay - first race on the 29er.

How was your ride, might have seen you come in, we were standing by the photographer just after the final bridge that takes you into the start/finish area and saw quite a few Flash`s come in - only problem you were all so muddy not even your mother would recognise you.

I came, I saw, It rained, I left.

Very happy about my choice. Got home in time to have a lekker, if short, pretty dry ride at home.

Then had a really good and tough ride at home on Sunday, managed to avoid the mud by riding well drained tracks, just need to know where to go.

It has already been has already been a very expensive year with Pioneer, rain in the Cape in Jan and then Dullstroom, enough playing in the F... mud.

Well done to the guys who toughed it out, but I am going to skip these rides in future.

What a tough marathon! Well done to all who finished. (and started :thumbup: ) Water points were brilliant, technical downhills were awesome although VERY slippery. Now to get all the mud out my ears and now I have a good excuse to upgrade some parts on my bike...What happened on the Ultra with the pros? Were the Bulls just in a league of their own?