[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless you're a serious athlete. 34t is the sensible option on that course

(Still can't figure out this 1x11 logic - give up range and have to consider which size chainring to ride when a 2x10 gives you all the range you need at a weight penalty that is irrelevant to 99.9% of riders).

In a muddy race like this one the benefits of 1x will come to the fore. No chain suck and no gunked up FD.

I'm seeded A for the marathon. Gonna be nuts on the climbing the way the hubbers are going on.

Mamba should be ok, its rocky. Section after mamba will be muddy but should be ridable. Singletrack will be slippery.

am I the only one that finds this post ambiguous?

ramrod, wet lube.. need I say more...

Nick name given to me by my mates because of my surname. Funny story i phoned one of them a while back and he answered RamRod. Apparently the look of the womans face standing next to him was priceless.

it is absolutely chucking it down in sabie. full on thunder storms. haven't been out on the bike but il go tomorrow.. thinking i might regret not changing tyres but it was too much hassle for one race out of the western cape.. no doubt you will be seeing me sprawled on my face in the mud at several points on saturday

it is absolutely chucking it down in sabie. full on thunder storms. haven't been out on the bike but il go tomorrow.. thinking i might regret not changing tyres but it was too much hassle for one race out of the western cape.. no doubt you will be seeing me sprawled on my face in the mud at several points on saturday

You can't scare me I can fall anywhere!

Try following for the weekend's water and mud.......soak chain in chain saw lube (oil) for 2-3 hours. Pat excess oil off, don't wipe. Apply light layer of chain wax to seal links and pins. Might experience some spider web strings on your frame from the oil, but your chain will love you and won't squeal like a pig. Top up with slight lube at water points.

Enjoy the outing!

Edited by BarHugger