Modderfontein reserve trails

I thought the new section was pretty average, trails need to be ridden in still. Maybe I will enjoy it after I know the trails and do it again next time. But nothing beats the river section! 

With you on that one! The river section rocks...without rocks :blush: .

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's that new section just above the river like? Seen it twice but don't want to miss out on that river.

What's that new section just above the river like? Seen it twice but don't want to miss out on that river.

Its rutted and rocky but good fun. It does need to be ridden in a bit so go ride it :-)

You don't miss the river section - the new section is a loop that spits you out almost where you start it...

• 6 months later...

I asked this a while back but never landed up going......

Might go tomorrow...

If I've got an hour and a half , max 2 hours,  which route should I do?

I to have not been there for some time and funny enough I decided earlier that that was where I'm going tomorrow morning

Did Red there today and really enjoyed it. If you have two hours do Yellow. The area is a sea of green at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hay morning.

Been checking but cant find much info on the night rides.

How much is entry?

What is the marked night route and can you ride any other routes. 

Thanks 

Going tonight amped  :clap:  :clap:

You can ride any routes, park closes at 10pm I think on Wednesdays and normal entrance of R50.

Once a month they have the Over the Moon night race with a set route, think the next one is on 2 March.

See you tonight!

The confusion lies in the title "Wednesday night ride". It confused me anyway, what it means is the park is open till late as stated above, there is no official night ride as such.

Pick a route and feel free to mix it up if you like, I do, just keep going in the right direction. Routes are marked well enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

There is a  bit of confusion at the moment with some cyclists.

Are there showers in both the male and female bathrooms at the coffee shop, or only in the male bathrooms, or none whatsoever anymore?

i tend to avoid using the toilets at the restaurant. I always feel frowned upon after a ride when you're all muddy. 

When they built the outhouses in the parking - they should have made a wet room - easy peasy - that would allow you to hose yourself down if you need to get somewhere after a ride. 

Enjoyed the ride last night. Decided to start at 16h30, Go without a light and chase the sun set  :ph34r: . Nothing like chasing the light to push your ride...

I heard there is an additional section added to the area next to the river section. Apparently you need to go though the rocky section first. Anyone tried this out yet? 

Hi Guys

I recently moved to Halfway Gardens and deciding whether to use Modderfontein as my new training ground.

Is there a yearly membership option or 10-pass option?

Is it safe to ride from Halfway Gardens to Modderfontein and back?

My prefered route would be across Allendale Road and along the fence/railway up to the reserve's entrance.

Archived