[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB

Hexpas

Just be careful for that hole about 20m in on the right and then the ghost just after the middle!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wind from the front was a bit taai in the beginning. Was a bit nackered towards the end. Was good Fun nice route. Looked they had quota of danger boards to use though.

After my previous comments about route condition i am here to swallow my words. PERFECT route, PERFECT weather. Yes the route was in dire need of attention and Nienke and Stefan really did a wonderful job of getting in in top shape. I can not comment on danger boards as i know the route by heart.

I do apologize if you decided to stay away due to my comment and i'm truly sorry if you missed out. I was perhaps a bit to fast to lash out about it but it is sad to have seen a course you call "home" in such a previous state!

Hope you all join us for next year!!

Regards

Cois

Edited by no calves

Had an nice race to. Just a pity my partner frame broke half way through. Managed to finish still.

Joejoe!was a nice race,but 55km was too far too soon for me.started cramping up at about halfway point,but luckely finished about 20min before cutoff time.think i will continue to do the half distances until next year when i am fitter and stronger.

Just do it, otherwise it will never happen

How did you do on youre first long distance Bester?

Edited by BenReaper

Looked they had quota of danger boards to use though.

Haha! Yes it seemed compulsary for every rock and downhill to have it's own danger sign :whistling:

Fantastic race! Route allowed "Flying Mode" to be activated on the U-turn, with a tail wind at moments, BLISS!

Agree, I absolute dig the fast races like this, the second half was awesome. Just a pity I ran into the backmarkers of the shorter route later on but I guess that comes with the territory.

So glad I skipped the 100 miler this year, will probably opt for this one again next year.

Joejoe!was a nice race but too far too soon for me.started cramping up at about halfway point,but luckely finished about 20min before cutoff time.think i will continue to do the half distances until next year when i am fitter and stronger.

when you feel that you "could have gone a lot faster" on the half distance. Make no mistake i rode willowcreek and kukked af, rode tru-cape and kukked af eventually dnf and rode an amazinf race today. its not always "easy" even iff you migrated to full distance. thats just my take on it.

Saw a guy at the finish that did the last 6 km with a flat and without his saddle

err, that may have been me!

I love this race, and I may be called a pansy, but really liked the White lines marking the fast way down the steep stuff. Allowed me to go much faster than my normal wuss-factor speed

Joejoe!was a nice race,but 55km was too far too soon for me.started cramping up at about halfway point,but luckely finished about 20min before cutoff time.think i will continue to do the half distances until next year when i am fitter and stronger.

It was tough, got some cramps at around 25km, but just kept going, managed to finish in around 3:37 (not official time, will wait to see what that was). Happy with making it, next year I'll be back!

@no calves,its not so much about feeling i could have gone faster,but about lack of skill and fitnes.only started riding in december and tis was only my second race.first was Willow Creeck 30km.....with my wife....weeker partner.so i just feel i need to train some more first.baby steps:D

Iteachcoffee do you have a controltech carbon seatpost and it was thhe bolt that snapped. Think your bike is a gt? I was on a rocky with red rocky kit