Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

Eish, was planing to ride but I'm really scared of of the section on the R549 from Karan Beef to Heidelberg. I had some bad experiences on it before. May be it's different on a Sunday compared to a Saturday, but I'm still scared.

Definately less busy on a Sunday, but you need to have eyes in the back of your head - the R23 heading back to Benoni is my personal nightmare.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thought about it last night. Should be quieter on Sunday, and hopefully should not be on my own this time. So I'm in. See you guys there.

Ok thought about it last night. Should be quieter on Sunday, and hopefully should not be on my own this time. So I'm in. See you guys there.

See you Sunday, Gary :-)

41 entries so far, so should be decent-sized bunches.

• 4 weeks later...

The next Audax event takes place on Sunday. 27/7/2014. The start/finish is at Randburg Sports Club, home of Cresta Wheelers. Start time is 7am. 100km and 200km options are available.

For more details or to enter: www.audaxsa.co.za.

The next Audax event takes place on Sunday. 27/7/2014. The start/finish is at Randburg Sports Club, home of Cresta Wheelers. Start time is 7am. 100km and 200km options are available.

For more details or to enter: www.audaxsa.co.za.

Route details plse?

Route details plse?

Should be Randburg-Cradle-Harties-Magaliesburg-Randburg.

You can find the route at: www.crestawheelers.co.za under the "club rides" tab. It is the Ian Kernick route from Dec 2012 .

Will confirm tomorrow that this is the route.

So, for some masochistic reason, I'm considering the 200 km on the 27th. Longest ride I've ever done is Argus, but I cracked an entry for the Coronation DC in December. I'm doing between 7 and 9 hours a week with a single long ride of around 93 km. I'd plan to ride at 20 to 23 km/h. Will there be others to ride with?

Do I just arrive with my bike and a couple of water bottles and plan to buy what I need on the route? I've fortunately got a system that handles most things.

So, for some masochistic reason, I'm considering the 200 km on the 27th. Longest ride I've ever done is Argus, but I cracked an entry for the Coronation DC in December. I'm doing between 7 and 9 hours a week with a single long ride of around 93 km. I'd plan to ride at 20 to 23 km/h. Will there be others to ride with?

Do I just arrive with my bike and a couple of water bottles and plan to buy what I need on the route? I've fortunately got a system that handles most things.

Great training for DC. We've been getting fields of around 50 recently. The majority of the field finishes in 7-9 hours, so should be groups at your pace.

I carry tubes, bombs, levers, multitool, tyre boot, and pump, but not much in the way of food as there are plenty of shops en route.

Archived