Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuck at work until 2000, so most of you doing the 600 should be asleep by the time I get out to the Lido. See you all at 3am. Good luck to all Randonneurs!

Some great photos! I did my first 200! Did it on my dual sus! Managed to keep up with my group so was pleased! Great route and had a tail or crosswind for 70% of the ride! Looking forward to the next one!

Nice pics, Gary. Well done on a fantastic ride!

What time did you get in?

Finished at 15:41. So my time was 36:41. The others finished 34:40.

Well done Gary & everyone else. I did the 200km & managed to take 2 wrong turns, lucky it was only a couple of extra kms. Hope to go long in the near future.

Well done Gary.

Was great to meet up and ride with you and the other guys. Disappointed not to have finished. Only have myself to blame, I know the price you pay for not riding your own pace and I should have backed off early on at the first control and ridden my own ride rather than try and keep up. Knew I was burning reserves - kicking myself now, but it's all a good learning experience. Very happy for everyone who made it, especially my friend Henri - 600km for your first ever Audax, not too shabby!

Well done Gary.

Was great to meet up and ride with you and the other guys. Disappointed not to have finished. Only have myself to blame, I know the price you pay for not riding your own pace and I should have backed off early on at the first control and ridden my own ride rather than try and keep up. Knew I was burning reserves - kicking myself now, but it's all a good learning experience. Very happy for everyone who made it, especially my friend Henri - 600km for your first ever Audax, not too shabby!

I'm sorry you were not able to finish. It's a very difficult decision to make to let the group go. Well done Henri. Very strong rider he is!

post-41865-0-23529800-1395746075_thumb.jpg

Yours truly, Henri in the background.

Very smart! Maybe I need to give mine a 2nd chance .... it's the 2.7L smaller version. Is handy for stuff you want to be able to get too

Feedback requested.

Really don't want to go into PBP qualifiers without some pre-qualifier under my belt - my Audax mates around the world reckon we won't need one for 2015, but it's a mental thing (as with everything audax!), I'll feel more solid with one. Even if just a 200.

Looking at the calendar - the 18th May is one of the few remaining dates that might fit for me (poss also 28th Sept at a push).

Anyone know how that route is? Key thing for me, as you all saw last weekend, I'm a slow rider - my ability to finish means riding at the tail in terms of spare time. So for a 200, I'm probably going to plod it out in around 10 or 11 hours. Given this probably means riding solo, how safe (or otherwise) would that route be - or would there also be similarly slower riders taking part?

Feedback requested.

Really don't want to go into PBP qualifiers without some pre-qualifier under my belt - my Audax mates around the world reckon we won't need one for 2015, but it's a mental thing (as with everything audax!), I'll feel more solid with one. Even if just a 200.

Looking at the calendar - the 18th May is one of the few remaining dates that might fit for me (poss also 28th Sept at a push).

Anyone know how that route is? Key thing for me, as you all saw last weekend, I'm a slow rider - my ability to finish means riding at the tail in terms of spare time. So for a 200, I'm probably going to plod it out in around 10 or 11 hours. Given this probably means riding solo, how safe (or otherwise) would that route be - or would there also be similarly slower riders taking part?

Hi there

Last year's ride from Nigel was to Greylingstad via Devon and Balfour - Out and back route. 1105 m of climbing with a proper climb between Balfour and Greylingstad.

Riding solo - normally we have wind from the NW, so be prepared to ride into the wind for the last 100km.;

Archived