Hermanus MTB Routes - Hemel en Aarde

CMDC

SAD news !

Wonder if the coffee shop next door might take over as the payment point ... they certainly DO cater for the cyclists ...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SAD news !

Wonder if the coffee shop next door might take over as the payment point ... they certainly DO cater for the cyclists ...

The wine shop around the corner also used to sell the permits.

• 4 weeks later...

SAD news !

You can get a permit from the new Village Cycle shop and grab a cup of Coffee from MondayMonday Roasting Worx inside the shop.

Hi Johann, WELCOME to the Hub.

Where is the Village Cycle shop ?  Same spot as Euodia ?

We drove the Hemel and Aarde road a few weeks back.  SAD to see how the woods burnt, and how badly the 12km trail has been affected  :thumbdown:

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, I am spending December in the area and was wondering if anyone rides these trails regularly and is looking for a riding buddy to tag along.

I know the trails relatively well, but I don't like the idea of riding them alone during the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I am spending December in the area and was wondering if anyone rides these trails regularly and is looking for a riding buddy to tag along.

I know the trails relatively well, but I don't like the idea of riding them alone during the week.

@michaelbiker, give me a shout, also that side and don't like the idea of riding alone. Will be going to Onrus for the December break and keen to explore the trails.

• 1 month later...

:whistling: soon....

Edited by guidodg

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting a post here, but anyone know of any MTB groups or club rides around Hermanus? I'll be there during all of next week, but not too keen on exploring the trails alone. Very keen to do the full black route, or perhaps even a long trip to Gordon's bay and back.

I think the start of the trails, and where you get your permit is called village cycles. maybe try get in touch with them :-) You will love the trails there if not ridden before :-)

Resurrecting a post here, but anyone know of any MTB groups or club rides around Hermanus? I'll be there during all of next week, but not too keen on exploring the trails alone. Very keen to do the full black route, or perhaps even a long trip to Gordon's bay and back.

I think the start of the trails, and where you get your permit is called village cycles. maybe try get in touch with them :-) You will love the trails there if not ridden before :-)

Can you please send me a location of where the trails start? Also are they well marked?

Can you please send me a location of where the trails start? Also are they well marked?

Hi Stevief, yep, well marked. You start and finish at the Hemal en Arrde Village, this is also where the bike shop is, where you get your permit. If not mistaken, you ride for free if your a PPA member. I have added a link for you. 

http://www.hermanusadventures.co.za/trails/

Also out there next week Thursday - Sunday.

There there still a gate that needs to be opened via a code?

Also out there next week Thursday - Sunday.

There there still a gate that needs to be opened via a code?

Believe so, I used it mid January.  You get the code when you pay for the permit.

In January the route was WELL marked.