Cross Training

Gen

The cross fit gym i attend has a Discovery point, where by you log your workout every time you finish. you get 150 vitality points.

Do they offer a cheaper rate thru Discovery?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cross fit gym i attend has a Discovery point, where by you log your workout every time you finish. you get 150 vitality points.

Interesting..... never seen it before but maybe it is a starting point I guess.

Interesting..... never seen it before but maybe it is a starting point I guess.

You can log the workout on your smartphone as well

You can log the workout on your smartphone as well

Yes I know that but if they have Discovery Point at a CrossFit gym means that they actually recognize that gym, hopefully striking some deal with vitality members.

I don't think Discovery will subsidize crossfit boxes, purely due to the admin involved. Each box is in effect a private gym and has nothing to do with another box, whereas with Virgin they probably only deal with head office, and its Virgin's problem to allocate the money to each gym?

I did the CF orientation. In my opinion it seemed way too focussed on how quickly or how many of a WOD you could do, as opposed to the quality of the WOD. I never carried on. I met a guy who started the same time as I did the orientation class about six months after - he stopped after an injury, and saw three guys throw their shoulders out at the box in that time.

The instrutor is key - its no good them being certified by CF, they also need to see that each person does what they are doing with the right form and correct the form where it is bad. The CF boxes that get that right would be the ones to go to.

I don't think Discovery will subsidize crossfit boxes, purely due to the admin involved. Each box is in effect a private gym and has nothing to do with another box, whereas with Virgin they probably only deal with head office, and its Virgin's problem to allocate the money to each gym?

You probably right and make a good point. Just a note, everyone should be aware of is that not all gyms are Reebok affiliated CrossFit gyms, most are privately owned, Just make sure your coach knows what he is doing and is properly qualified.

Edited by peds

I did the CF orientation. In my opinion it seemed way too focussed on how quickly or how many of a WOD you could do, as opposed to the quality of the WOD. I never carried on. I met a guy who started the same time as I did the orientation class about six months after - he stopped after an injury, and saw three guys throw their shoulders out at the box in that time.

The instrutor is key - its no good them being certified by CF, they also need to see that each person does what they are doing with the right form and correct the form where it is bad. The CF boxes that get that right would be the ones to go to.

Agree 100%

Injuries are not cool, especially caused because some guy or gal thinks you should lift more than you can, any other suggestions, I would like to strengthen my core, here by 80km into a ride I start feeling it, especially in the shoulders.

Edited by Gen

Injuries are not cool, especially caused because some guy or gal thinks you should lift more than you can, any other suggestions, I would like to strengthen my core, here by 80km into a ride I start feeling it, especially in the shoulders.

I suggest taking a look at the Madbarz website - loads of calisthenics routines that you can also do at home - http://madbarz.com/all-routines.

Just don't forget to strengthen your back when doing core workouts - too many people concentrate just on abs, forgetting about balancing the core.

I suggest taking a look at the Madbarz website - loads of calisthenics routines that you can also do at home - http://madbarz.com/all-routines.

Just don't forget to strengthen your back when doing core workouts - too many people concentrate just on abs, forgetting about balancing the core.

many thx I will look at the, yes I do believe it's the back that needs to be strengthened as it kind holds everything else up.

And if I don't even need to leave the house it would be better, cause if there is one thing I hate in this world is going to a gym.

there is cross fit radium above suzuki toystore.

speak to chris, he is the owner, they run a introduction week once a month, to show you what it is all about.

they are on Facebook. just search Crossfit Radium

Thanks trying to get hold of Chris at the moment, I've been doing a form of crossfit for over a year now but I need to find something closer to home as my current gym is close to where I used to work.