Majik Forest and Protea Hotel Durbanville

Raydek

The plan is to ride Tokai on Friday because as you say, dropping off the runner puts me pretty close to Tokai. Looking at starting at 7:30. Shout if anyone is keen to join.

Will try out Somerset West and Stellies on Saturday.

btw Lourensford is great, but only open to the public about 3-4 times a year on race days. W2W Day1, Cape Epic Day 8, then there is the "Lourensford Classic" &/or "Spur Race" not sure if its the same events. So you can pretty much scratch that one off your list, Schapenburg is a no go right now, muggings etc. That's the last thing I would want you to experience on your wonderful trip to the Mother City, btw do you know why it's called the Mother City? Cause it takes 9 months for things to actually happen around here, so don't be surprised if you don't get any takers this weekend, but be guaranteed someone will respond a couple of months later when you are back in Joeies.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw Lourensford is great, but only open to the public about 3-4 times a year on race days. W2W Day1, Cape Epic Day 8, then there is the "Lourensford Classic" &/or "Spur Race" not sure if its the same events. So you can pretty much scratch that one off your list, Schapenburg is a no go right now, muggings etc. That's the last thing I would want you to experience on your wonderful trip to the Mother City, btw do you know why it's called the Mother City? Cause it takes 9 months for things to actually happen around here, so don't be surprised if you don't get any takers this weekend, but be guaranteed someone will respond a couple of months later when you are back in Joeies.

Thanks for the valuable info. Schapenburg was high on the list, so you've potentially saved me there. Will think where else to ride on Saturday.

I hear you about the late notice. Will see what comes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I rode Majik today. At around 3:30, I was riding down the singletrack. Just before entering the forest section I saw a glint in the sun. Almost went over the bars trying to stop and came to a halt about half a meter in front of FISHING LINE strung around two trees to try and knock a rider from his/her bike. Would have caught me about stomach height!

So people please watch out!

Edited by vdLRSA