Totalsports Challenge Tomorrow

Mylolylo

Nice! Good Luck! Doing the challenge in pairs for the first time. Normally I just do a leg in the 7 man team.

We are doing the challenge in trips, not looking forward to the beach run!

I don't think anyone looks forward to the beach run. Looked at the tide and its full high at 12:30 so we will all be running up on the loose sand!

Man I'm peeved - been wanting to do this race for years but the logictics from JHB are crazy.

Flying/driving with two bikes then organising someone to ferry bikes and stuff around.

One day. One day I'll get it done!

Good luck and enjoy - looks awesome.

I checked WindGuru and it's going to be almost flat in GB, so there should not be any swimmers in the surfski leg of the race. And no wind also in the roadie leg through to Kleinmond.

I checked WindGuru and it's going to be almost flat in GB, so there should not be any swimmers in the surfski leg of the race. And no wind also in the roadie leg through to Kleinmond.

yeah I super stoked about the wind playing game this year! if the SE pumps the ski, road cycle and canoe can suck!

Look, there is always a bit of wind at Rooi-Els. I train on that road and I have always got a bit of wind there, even on very quiet days. A bit a wind there will anyway help to keep you cool on that little bump as you leave Rooi-Els.

I downgraded from individual..to pairs to nada. Will be hunting disas up a mountain with a camera instead tomorrow.

Love this event, but don't take it on if your body and mind are not in the right place! Good luck to all, looks like a cracker of a day.

Man I'm peeved - been wanting to do this race for years but the logictics from JHB are crazy.

Flying/driving with two bikes then organising someone to ferry bikes and stuff around.

try adding boats to the equation!

Ja, you okes. I could have helped someone if you okes asked early enough. I have 2 sets of kayak carriers, 4 surfskis, 1 K1 and 2 thule roof mounted bike carriers.

Edited by Moridin

Noob question whats the difference between a kayak and a surfski?

But more importantly how are you supposed to transport all of these thing even if you live in CPT? I'm assuming 1 mtb, 1 road bike, 1 surf ski, 1 kayak and a whole lot of HTFU :eek:

A surfski is basically a sit-on-top kayak build for long distance ocean races so that if you tip over, you just flip the ski right side up and remount it. No need for bailing water. It is also quite a bit longer and narrower than a standard ocean kayak.

You need a second. You should be able to fit the K1, the MTB and the surfski on the roof. Maybe the roadbike also. Else it goes in the car. I can easily fit a roadbike in my Audi Avant.

Then HTFU. I have not done this BTW. I would be dead on my feet after the ocean swim already. :blush:

Edited by Moridin

I believe WindGuru's prediction for GB was a bit off and that the SE was gusting, causing a lot of swmmers in the surfski leg.

and another win for Dan Hugo, not sure why defending champ Stu Marais didn't compete - injured?

Well done to all who finished.

A surfski is basically a sit-on-top kayak build for long distance ocean races so that if you tip over, you just flip the ski right side up and remount it. No need for bailing water. It is also quite a bit longer and narrower than a standard ocean kayak.

You need a second. You should be able to fit the K1, the MTB and the surfski on the roof. Maybe the roadbike also. Else it goes in the car. I can easily fit a roadbike in my Audi Avant.

Then HTFU. I have not done this BTW. I would be dead on my feet after the ocean swim already. :blush:

You don't actually need two cars. both boats on the roof, both bikes on the rack. Just requires seconds to be on the ball.

If it's windy, the lagoon paddle is better on a ski anyway. you just run the risk of getting caught in weed if it's around.