Tubeless onroad wheels

Zatek

I got new wheels today and see they are tubeless. Do you run tubeless on your race wheels (road) or run with tubs?

If you run tubeless which tires do you use and sealant?

Tubeless tires plus sealant, excellent system, yet tires are moer expensive. Its cheaper for me to train on tubbies :eek:

Tubeless tires plus sealant, excellent system, yet tires are moer expensive. Its cheaper for me to train on tubbies :eek:

What do they cost, more or less?

I see from website they are certified road tubeless. Not sure who actually makes tubeless tyres for road or if you just use a standard clincher. I would just run some GP4000s for race day with some ultralight Vittoria tubes for convenience and economy.

My issue with it is, if I puncture... will it seal at such a high pressure? Iv had sealant in tubes on my road bike and the day i punctured my bike was a mess of it squirting out and still had to stop and change the tube as it sealed at like 3bar which can damage ur rim IF you hit something on the road..

Just get a set of conti ultra light you will have a lot less hassles should you puncture.

A buddy punctured while on a training ride what a mission to get it sorted he was running tubeless on his shamals, we managed to get the wheel to complete cyclist and had it sorted it out.

I ran tubeless in my road rims for about a year.

The stans sometimes used to seal. Even at 8-9Bar.

But the nicks from glass eventually open up and you just end up with your frame being covered in latex and grit.

They do eventually seal at 4 bar or so.

After pumping them up they will hold pressure again for a little while and then go through the process of covering your bike with grit again.

I was using the Hutchinson atom tyres at the time. One of the problems is that these tyres are too soft. Glass destroys them.

If they had to build a tubeless tyres with gatorskin strength then maybe you will get away with it.

And btw I tried so so so many times to patch the cuts from the inside.

Within a little while the ammonia eats away the glue of the patch and you just blow out again.

Tried all different options even the special Hutchinson tubeless repair glue. Nothing helped.

Road = too much pressure and the seal will never hold properly.

There is one other thing that just might work. 25c tyres can run lower pressure due to their bigger size. If you are a light guy, you may be able to get away with running 5bars and then sealant should work for you. Will be a really comfortable ride without the risk of any kind of flats.

I see from website they are certified road tubeless. Not sure who actually makes tubeless tyres for road or if you just use a standard clincher. I would just run some GP4000s for race day with some ultralight Vittoria tubes for convenience and economy.

I have these on my race wheels. Super happy. Edited by Pusher

• 4 weeks later...

Woofie your experience sounds bad, really scary..

I just put on my tubeless tyres, road without any rim strips or sealant for a day.. But the rear tyre valve was leaking so added Stans sealant today..

Anyone know how much I should use? I went with 25 ml (half a small bottle in each tyre? enough? or not really ?

Running Shamino Ultreaga 6700 rims with Hutchison Fusion 3 tyres.

Normal pressure for now 110 psi rear + 100 psi front

I am running Rubino Pro 3 tyres tubeless on my s/speed. Novatec Jetfly tubeless ready rims with FRM rim tape and FRM sealant. 90 psi back and 85 front. No problems so far.

@Jonkie How much FRM sealant have you got in the tyres ?

also would you mind sharing your weight ? I am 88kg, is 85psi for light weights ?