Argus 2014 HUBBER SATURDAY RIDE

Wannabe

Had a good look at the Racing Calender leading up to the Big Day on 09/03/2014, and the only dates open to do the customary Route recce's is on 08 Feb (for those not doing the 99'er) and 01 March.Who will be interested?

Start will be 06h00 at Greenpoint VA, and we'll avoid Nelson Mandela Blvd and Blue Route, going past Obz and over Spaanschemat rd, joining up with race route at foot of Boyes Drive and completing rest of route from there.

It's a training ride, not a race, so the pace will be chillaxed. Those that want to stretch the legs on the climbs can do so, but we regroup at the top.

Those interested, enough time to arrange your things and Diarise the dates

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiny, I could be wrong but think its planned for the 2nd. Either way I'm planning on doing a few more hours out after the recce ride if you keen on a longer ride?

Oh and Reece, you flew up signal hill in the TT, good job there on your result!

Thanks man :)

OK guys and gals, boys and girls. This coming Saturday is the final long distance ride before the BIG DAY.

Plans are as follows. Meet at Virgin active Greenpoint, start time is 06h00. As it is still dark, lights are compulsary.

As we are not allowed on Mandela Boulevard and Blue Route, we will skirt them by going past Obz, Newlands, Constantia Village, Spaanschemat and Westlake. Join up with route proper at foot of Boyes (NOT GOING OVER BOYES).

Will be a TRAINING RIDE, so fairly mellow. If you want to join up enroute, we should be at Constantia Village anytime from 7H15 to 7H30 (yes, that slow).

Guys feeling a bit frisky can stretch the legs up the climbs, but we regroup at the top. Should some feel frustrated with the pace, you can go ahead.

Traffic rules to be obeyed, single file riding where necessary, etc.

THERE WILL NOT BE A BACKUP VEHICLE, so be self sufficient.

Okay not a training ride, but are the Hubbers going to do a Saturday pre-race ride from Greenpoint to Suikerbossie again?

Okay not a training ride, but are the Hubbers going to do a Saturday pre-race ride from Greenpoint to Suikerbossie again?

Oh yes. That's almost an institution now.