How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

and nobody mentions the importance of including some kind of personal identification in your kit. tsk tsk. Shame on all of you :)

Loads of info on our cell phones I know but I throw in my drivers license card too.. just in case.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and nobody mentions the importance of including some kind of personal identification in your kit. tsk tsk. Shame on all of you :)

Loads of info on our cell phones I know but I throw in my drivers license card too.. just in case.

I will mention to my hubby that he needs to pack in my drivers licence with all the other stuff he carts along ;)

I am actually so spoilt that he takes all the stuff. I just pack some stuff to eat in my back pocket. I noticed how spoilt I was when I went on a long ride by myself and had to figure out how the bladder fits into the camelbak.

Edited by Gen

umm and what is wrong with a hydration pack that has a few extra pockets?

the hydration pack goes with on every ride, the pace at which I ride it adds about 0.000000001% drag due to weight and aerodinameeecs.

umm and what is wrong with a hydration pack that has a few extra pockets?

the hydration pack goes with on every ride, the pace at which I ride it adds about 0.000000001% drag due to weight and aerodinameeecs.

It feels like constantly piggy backing a midget...

It feels like constantly piggy backing a midget...

lets see, mine has water (2l) for any ride, you never know, water comes in handy for many things.

a few rands, 3 spare tubes, 2 rehydrates, one of those tool set thingymabobs, one or two rusty allen keys that add some rattle when you go over some technical pavements, house keys, phone, spare links, those tyre popper things, two co2 bombs and a small hand pump for when the bombs don't work. All in the pack, every ride, just pick up the bag and go. Only thing I change is the spare tubes, road or mountain. Easy. And adds about 3 kilo's, tops, which is nothing really, especially as a back marker.

You must know some reaaaaaally small midgets. Either that, or you're packing a 50 litre backpack every ride...

1stly, yes, I know some small midgets.

2ndly, I dislike the discomfort of even the lightest pack on my back. You back sweats like a sonofabitch and eventually, no matter how often you wash it, the padding absorbs the sweat and always smells manky. Eventually you can't get the smell out of your riding shirts.

Stage racing yes, everything else, no thanks.

This post got me thinking..so after work a took a peek in my saddle bag...yes, i do have one of those as well....I don't give crap about gay or not... I NEED all my stuff for just incase...

so taking out the spare tubes....

this is what i saw to my horror...

post-5709-0-75751000-1389728903_thumb.jpg

Moral of the story = check your kit...OFTEN...don't just assume everything is OK!! Imagaine my sense of humour if I had to replace my tube and found that out in the sticks...

You kidding me? :eek:

Serious why? I use mine a lot for various other sports, boating, beach etc. sold a few hundred to friends all ready.

Serious why? I use mine a lot for various other sports, boating, beach etc. sold a few hundred to friends all ready.

I was saying the R50 price tag for a plastic bag that probably cost less then a rand to manufacture. I would rather use two zip lock bags.

I was saying the R50 price tag for a plastic bag that probably cost less then a rand to manufacture. I would rather use two zip lock bags.

I'd go so far as to say you could use a regular sandwich bag or two and fold the top over. It's not like you're going scuba diving with the thing...