Tour de San Luis

jcza

Stage 1

The road starts to climb almost immediately and the first third of the stage is very undulating including a cat 3 climb at the 55km mark. From there it is a long 110km downhill run to the finish. The stage is the same as last years opener where Cavendish took the victory ahead of Modolo and Petacchi.

Names to watch: Cavendish, Kruopis, De Haes, Richeze, Haedo, Farrar, Sagan, Nizzolo, and Modolo.

Starts today with better field than Tour Down Under despite being lower ranked.

Cool, thanks for reminding us

Maybe they are all there for the great steaks, I heard the argie beefers all eat real grass and non of the *** they feed them in the EU

Will this be aired anywhere?

Ditto. 5hrs behind, 1st stage kicks off @ 1:20pm their time, expected finish @ 5:30pm their time.

Cyclingfans might have something or Procyclinglive.

Interesting title for J-rod on the official site.

post-15825-0-59609400-1390231295_thumb.png

Edited by hellocolour

Okay, so what I can work out from the franetic twitter freed of the tour is:

- Petacchi has abandoned. That will make Cav' a furious ball of anger.

- 40kms to go... oh hold on that's changed to 17kms

- 1 groups up the road. Leading @ is #JulianGaday ARG #MarcDeMaar AHO #LeoMessineo ARG #PhilipGaimon USA #EmilianoContreras ARG at either 4 minutes or 9 minutes depending on if you're reading the ever insightful and excitable Pablo Ariel Juarez any of the other ones that are getting retweeted at pace.

Basically god only knows as it's a clear as a spanish soap opera right now. Finish is expected about 5:15pm.

Result stage 1:

1st: Phillip Gaimon (Garmin)

2nd: Contreras

3rd: De Maar

That live feed was shocking and according to reports it's more like a mtn top finish with riders all over the place. 3mins down and no peloton (apparently).

Video of the finish. http://www.cyclingfever.com/stage.html?etappe_idd=MzA2NzM=&_ap=video

Vaughters is going nuts on twitter about now.

Edited by hellocolour