Peaked helmet

MaXiMuM

So my first post, been lurking for a week or so.

Here's my son after a fall.

He landed literally head first, no hands, his head was the first thing to hit the ground.

Admittedly, he had loosened his helmet stap slightly, but the peak on the helmet pushed the helmet backwards and here's the result.post-53966-1390751641,0412.jpg

Can't straighten pic from phone...

Pic of the helmet?

Can't say I've had an issue with a peak. They either bend or pop off from an impact.

Difficult to say that the cause is from the peak here, as you say, he loosened the strap.

Would bet that even if the peak caused the helmet to move back, the helmet still saved the day.

Not a happy looking chappy, hope the doc gives a clean bill there. That bump is going to smart!

Guest Latent Blue
So my first post, been lurking for a week or so.

Here's my son after a fall.

He landed literally head first, no hands, his head was the first thing to hit the ground.

Admittedly, he had loosened his helmet stap slightly, but the peak on the helmet pushed the helmet backwards and here's the result.post-53966-1390751641,0412.jpg

Can't straighten pic from phone...

Eish. I hope the little man is all right!

The loose strap caused this. Not the peak. Peaks are designed to pop off or bend.

What brand of helmet was this?

Speedy recovery little dude.

Yoh, that's a smack I really hope he's okay. In my opinion the straps are more at issue here than the peak. Loose straps will allow the entire helmet to move, difficult to prove though.

Ja I came off last year solidly facefirst. Peak snapped off and helmet saved me from full impact, but i always strap tight.

Yip, agreed.

Inexpensive helmet and loose strap. Also just checked, that peak doesn't just pop off, my bad.

He'll be OK, hell most of us grew up in the eara before helmets were the norm, and some of us are OK'ish...