Two Oceans Marathon 2014

TopFuel

To everyone who has taken part in this thread: a heartfelt and warm good luck to all of you. It has taken many hours of running and suffering to reach the point you are today, and tomorrow it is time to lay it all out on the road. I wish each and every one of you the best race of your year, 56km, 21km, trails (oops).

Hopefully we'll see some impressive times posted here tomorrow afternoon. To anyone who I might see along the way: I'm running in UCT club colours, C25014: Kevin. Come say hi!

Enjoy!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck all hubbers!!

All systems go for tomorrow ;-)

Weather looks good as well.

Good luck to the runners, ill be up nice and early ready to open breakfast at 4 for you :thumbup:

Good Luck to all hubbers running the 21 half and 56km marathons! Will be at the last physio station 2km from the finish if you guys have any niggles...fingers crossed it all goes well :clap:

Good luck to my better half. Doing her 6th (sub6h) tmrw. Will then better my Dad's and my own 5.

What a fantastic day/vibe/race!

Completed my 3rd (in a row) half today.

Ran with my wife all the way.

After breaking my leg 12 weeks ago I was always doubtful of running. Started running about 3 weeks ago. Couple of treadmill sessions and 4 x street. Furthest we went was 12 km 2 weeks ago. This week I did 2 x treadmill (4km each time).

And....

..... time ......

...... 2:12:41.....

I'll take that with minimal training ;-)

Was great to run with the wife all the way and finish this together.

Good luck to the rest out there still running the 56 - respect!!!! Maybe I upgrade next year :-)

Shattered, broken, certainly in need of a knee replacement. But what a fantastic race. PBs abounded. I often talk a big game and then dont follow through, but today was not that day.

04:39:20 - Got my Sainsbury.

Shattered, broken, certainly in need of a knee replacement. But what a fantastic race. PBs abounded. I often talk a big game and then dont follow through, but today was not that day.

04:39:20 - Got my Sainsbury.

Sweet result

Rest up

What a fantastic day/vibe/race!

Completed my 3rd (in a row) half today.

Ran with my wife all the way.

After breaking my leg 12 weeks ago I was always doubtful of running. Started running about 3 weeks ago. Couple of treadmill sessions and 4 x street. Furthest we went was 12 km 2 weeks ago. This week I did 2 x treadmill (4km each time).

And....

..... time ......

...... 2:12:41.....

I'll take that with minimal training ;-)

Was great to run with the wife all the way and finish this together.

Good luck to the rest out there still running the 56 - respect!!!! Maybe I upgrade next year :-)

Do it!!! Its the best race in South Africa by a long way.

How did it go, Meezo?

Painful, but good fun. Came late me and @Babse started in E, ran together till end of M3, then told I'll be off... Managed 104 minutes. He managed 111 minutes!

Congrats to all the finisher's and especially those doing the 56km, respect.

Managed to do a 2.05 for my first ever road race, pretty happy with that for only 2.5 weeks training. Great race, might be back next year for the ultra.

Painful, but good fun. Came late me and @Babse started in E, ran together till end of M3, then told I'll be off... Managed 104 minutes. He managed 111 minutes!

Brilliant!!

Congrats to all the finisher's and especially those doing the 56km, respect.

Managed to do a 2.05 for my first ever road race, pretty happy with that for only 2.5 weeks training. Great race, might be back next year for the ultra.

Great debut!