The Classics

T-Bob

Strade Bianche should be a good race Saturday.

Wiggins is making his return, but if we look at the previous winners again you easily see which riders would be contenders.

Sagan came 2nd last year. And Spartacus is also riding this year.

Previous Winners

2013 | MOSER Moreno

2012 | CANCELLARA Fabian

2011 | GILBERT Philippe

2010 | IGLINSKIY Maxim

2009 | LöFKVIST Thomas

2008 | CANCELLARA Fabian

2007 | KOLOBNEV Alexandr

Interested to see what Cancellara has in store for the other guys at Strade Bianche... He hasn't done anything spectacular this season yet and I think that makes some guys nervous. Spartacus is becoming a much more experienced rider, so I think he might stay out of the spotlight until Sanremo to avoid being the marked man.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe every single big race deserves it's own thread!

And it's own live HD coverage from StupidSport.

Rugby and more Rugby but no early classics.

And it's own live HD coverage from StupidSport.

Rugby and more Rugby but no early classics.

Tell me about it!

Milan - san remo and start of Epic on same day, are either of them aired live on SuperSport?

With the disappearance of sports-livez.com what is the best source for streaming now?

Italian races are regularly available on Gazetta dello Sport in Italian, straight from the source. Not always, though...

Italian commentating is easy to understand. It works on volume, not vocabulary. :w00t:

Ironically since David Duffield retired the pictures seem to suffice, although Sean Kelly does add valuable insights.

I'm riding with half of the PnP team today, it's a pity they fell in man love with Big Tex, about 20 years ago they did add insights into racing, now it's just the same script year after year. But I won't be telling him that today!

Roma Maxima:

There's roughly 80km to go in the race and the seven riders up the road are Matthias Brandle (IAM Cycling), Niccolò Bonifazio (Lampre Merida), Daniel Teklehaimanot ad Dennis Van Niekerk (MTN Qhubeka), Kiel Reijnen (United Healtcare), Ben Gastauer (AG2R La Mondiale), Thomas Damuseau (Giant-Shimano). They held a lead of seven minutes at one stage but the gap is now down to four minutes.

Go MTN-Q

Today is the second edition of the Italian race and once again the start and finish is in the Italian capital, with the finish on the long straight Fori Imperiali in the heart of the city and with the Colosseum offering a unique back drop to the photograph of the winner.

Despite the 195km route including some testing climbs in the Roman hills, the final 40km are largely downhill and on flat and straight Appia Antica.

Philippe Gilbert is here to lead the charge for BMC today, and Samuel Sanchez, is along with him. The Spaniard signed for the team after the Euskaltel team folded at the end of 2013.