First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

I don't recall them saying the aim is to be WHISTLER-CT

I think just listen for a while... please.

EDIT: we might have nothing soon and the reasons are numerous.

Edited by Pain or shine

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall them saying the aim is to be WHISTLER-CT

"Wistler - CT" is a world class facility and that one word summarize an idea, in this case, it is not a physical place.

I am shocked at what I am seeing! This is a dilemma. Whoa!

I see also I am being called out to report on where the money went on facebook.. I cannot fight on two fronts, I am one person.

In the wise words of Gary Barnard at the TMMTB meeting, "document everything and when the trouble starts, and it will, this will be the first question, where is the money?" Meurant has a copy of all this. I was required to keep track of all expenses. If reports were not sent, money was not paid.

I have one of these for each month, except where months have been combined.

TokaiMTB12.10 - Trail Repair Report_R.xlsx.pdf

AMA12-12.10 TokaiMTB Op costs Oct.xlsx.pdf

post-13110-0-86232200-1391586384_thumb.jpg

post-13110-0-77924600-1391586409_thumb.jpg

I have had no other desire than to provide continuity from Cobus to the next person suited to handle MTB matters in Tokai. Sure, I'm not a pro by any means but 11 years experience in maintenance must count for something? 10 of them free.

I can also disclose the for 19 days on average working on the mountain I earned R10 000, this time spent on the hill kept me from seeking work that sustained my personal life and essentially equated for half of what I should have been earning. To supplement this short-fall, I worked nights, sometimes through, in order to keep to tight deadlines from client requirements sent to me by email in the day. I have also used my personal vehicle for the period leading up to the generous donation from Karl who could see my commitment to the people and mountain, should not be at the cost of damage to my car. 1hr after meeting this stranger and presenting what process was running, Karl told me to go and get quotes!

Based on what I am reading here, I don't think it wise I go to the meeting tonight. Duane, agree? In fact I don't know what this will do to the advertised election, I don't feel like this is fair anymore, certainly not on me.

So you like Pies, made a mistake with Mountain Dew (And never repeated that mistake) and Pine Nut :P ... can't understand that ... but the Tempo and cheese and onion chips are very good choices :D

So you like Pies, made a mistake with Mountain Dew (And never repeated that mistake) and Pine Nut :P ... can't understand that ... but the Tempo and cheese and onion chips are very good choices :D

LOL. Pine Nut - workers favourite!

That entire thread (that I generated) was removed just after this screen capture was posted. I was busy responding to a new line of questions when I was alerted to the removal and my inability to respond to a "deleted thread"

EDIT: It also seems to me that either I have been booted off the page, or the entire page has been deleted due to the incriminating details on there and the damage that it would do to the "campaign"

Off the DH Riders or Trail Builders Association page? Anything to do with derogatory comments?

I am shocked at what I am seeing! This is a dilemma. Whoa!

I see also I am being called out to report on where the money went on facebook.. I cannot fight on two fronts, I am one person.

In the wise words of Gary Barnard at the TMMTB meeting, "document everything and when the trouble starts, and it will, this will be the first question, where is the money?" Meurant has a copy of all this. I was required to keep track of all expenses. If reports were not sent, money was not paid.

I have one of these for each month, except where months have been combined.

TokaiMTB12.10 - Trail Repair Report_R.xlsx.pdf

AMA12-12.10 TokaiMTB Op costs Oct.xlsx.pdf

post-13110-0-86232200-1391586384_thumb.jpg

post-13110-0-77924600-1391586409_thumb.jpg

I have had no other desire than to provide continuity from Cobus to the next person suited to handle MTB matters in Tokai. Sure, I'm not a pro by any means but 11 years experience in maintenance must count for something? 10 of them free.

I can also disclose the for 19 days on average working on the mountain I earned R10 000, this time spent on the hill kept me from seeking work that sustained my personal life and essentially equated for half of what I should have been earning. To supplement this short-fall, I worked nights, sometimes through, in order to keep to tight deadlines from client requirements sent to me by email in the day. I have also used my personal vehicle for the period leading up to the generous donation from Karl who could see my commitment to the people and mountain, should not be at the cost of damage to my car. 1hr after meeting this stranger and presenting what process was running, Karl told me to go and get quotes!

Based on what I am reading here, I don't think it wise I go to the meeting tonight. Duane, agree? In fact I don't know what this will do to the advertised election, I don't feel like this is fair anymore, certainly not on me.

D,

you've been doing an outstanding job. You will have my vote.

I've seen the undercurrent brewing for some time. Cobus and I spoke about this all time and he had his hands full keeping the other camp on the same side.

The way I see it is there are two options.

Let the "new commmittee" stand and I have no doubt that all the posturing of " I have no intention to stand" is just smoke and mirrors to win disciples. See this type of campaign everyday at a very high level of public participation forums that are of national interest. The littlegame at play here is as transparent and insidious as air.

We can lt them stand and loose and we will loose because theres has been no display of maturity for over 5years now.

What I don't understand is why has none of these individuals volunteered to work for the present committee to get things done?

Sounds very much like a if you're not with me you're against me group.

Off the DH Riders or Trail Builders Association page? Anything to do with derogatory comments?

There is now no longer a Tokai DH Riders page. Not even as a closed group. Unless it's been unpublished and is being "cleaned" - there was a LOT of vitriol and "incriminating content" relating to the trails and disregard for the authority of Parks. So I can only imagine that when Pappa Bear posted that screenshot (and subsequently sent me a copy of the entire thread) the owner of the page went into Damage Control.

MH's post has struck a cord: i deal with government types and bullsheet mentalities every day when at work. I'm supposed to be on my first vac in ages. I'm over this crap. Deon and crew: u got my vote.

Dude, your industry is worse than most, if not all. But I think we've found an equivalent.

There is now no longer a Tokai DH Riders page. Not even as a closed group. Unless it's been unpublished and is being "cleaned" - there was a LOT of vitriol and "incriminating content" relating to the trails and disregard for the authority of Parks. So I can only imagine that when Pappa Bear posted that screenshot (and subsequently sent me a copy of the entire thread) the owner of the page went into Damage Control.

Looks to be still active (?) Apparantly a member was removed for continual posting of derogatry remarks.

Here is the correspondence I was sent before this campaign took flight. It is said earlier that I was given a chance, you decide what chance I had.

On 9 Dec 2013, at 17:59, Vince wrote:

Hi Deon

After sending you the proposed trail map I envisioned for Tokai I

haven't heard anything from you. Richard and I have had a discussion

with Gavin Bell and Sandra Hollerman. Our main objective was to find

out exactly what your role was in the greater scheme of things as well

as the other role players and so called representatives of MTB in Tokai.

We explained our role in the MTB arena in Cape Town and discussed

representation and how unhappy we are at the state of the existing

trails as well as trail closures and value for money in light of the

many new MTB alternatives in Cape Town.

In return they explained the workings of their system and what we

should be doing to get the best use of the land that they manage.

It was very interesting to get the truth about what needs to happen

in order to achieve our goals WRT trails in Tokai and the options

available to us.

I would like to meet with you (by myself) and have a frank and honest

discussion to see how you feel about the current situation and how we

can build trails in Tokai on a par with and better than anywhere in

Cape Town and I want to know if you are prepared to join us in our

campaign to achieve this.

No hidden agendas, no secrets and no politics, just a unified body of

passionate mountain bikers getting organised and building our dream

MTB trail park.

I would like to keep this between you and I until after we have met.

Let me know if and when.

Regards

Vince

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 10 December 2013 11:46 PM

To: Vince

Subject: Re: Tokai MTB trails- confidential

I would like to know what was discussed with Sandra, it would help if you

gave me some insight before we met.

Date: 11 December 2013 08:46:23 GMT+02:00

To: "'TokaiMTB: Deon'"

Subject: RE: Tokai MTB trails- confidential

I see, suit yourself.

It is still my firm belief that these guys despite their methods, still do want the best Tokai can offer. I have never had any doubt about this. Duane, you I'll gladly work with. I have said that in email even while you were angry with me after you exited. I have no qualms.. your words above does not change this.

I have tried with Vince and 3 years later there is still no solution.. I can't see this going any further without me suffering.

I will support whoever wants the best for the place but they need to do all they can to rope in the disrespect for the processes, landowners and those tasked with getting this thing working!

Can I sumarize?

I do feel firmly that we should not be overspending on insecure trails.

Many people love the Snake trails. <Attached>

TokaiMTB - Tweets 231113-Final.pdf

I agree that more can be done on the track to make it better during the time of negotiations, but materials need to be sourced but this not even a professional can supply and will be working under the same constraints as I am. (and the Volunteers, I love you guys! Read about yourselves in the January Ride Mag, photos too, still on shelves!)

I am still bringing Bennett in on Tuesday. He's a really nice guy and has been supportive because he knows the game. He will remain a neutral party at all costs! We need him later!!

..ah heck, I have work to finish.. I can be firm but above all I am fair.

D,

you've been doing an outstanding job. You will have my vote.

I've seen the undercurrent brewing for some time. Cobus and I spoke about this all time and he had his hands full keeping the other camp on the same side.

The way I see it is there are two options.

Let the "new commmittee" stand and I have no doubt that all the posturing of " I have no intention to stand" is just smoke and mirrors to win disciples. See this type of campaign everyday at a very high level of public participation forums that are of national interest. The littlegame at play here is as transparent and insidious as air.

We can lt them stand and loose and we will loose because theres has been no display of maturity for over 5years now.

What I don't understand is why has none of these individuals volunteered to work for the present committee to get things done?

Sounds very much like a if you're not with me you're against me group.

Ding ding. That is the crux of the argument, and the core of it all. Why indeed. The structures were always there. The invitation was always there.

Looks to be still active (?) Apparantly a member was removed for continual posting of derogatry remarks.

Ah. Then that would be me. LOLz. No derogatory remarks were posted, I can guarantee you that.

I rarely show up for "public" forums and AGMs, it is not my style......... This time I will the exception as I feel it is needed and will not stand by when good work gets muddied, bullies try to take over, and incomponent people take over......we have enought of them in goverment and look were we are!

If we loose we loose - the right thing is to show up, vote, state your case and hope the rest of the poeple think the same as you.

****That is me for today, my boss just told me I own him R20 000.00 for not working yesterday and today....damm hub!