First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post here, been riding tokai since i was a pikkie on a BMX in the 80's, i never got involved with the politics till they chopped down all the trees and put the gate fee's up. Yes, then i got involved and Joined the volunteers you guys so love to hate on.

I have just read this whole string, yes all 24 pages of it and i have a couple of questions.

Myles.. thank you for your detailed account of what is really going on, its a far cry from the wingding i have read in this String +1

Vince and Duane.. if you guys don't get a seat on the committee.. are you going to storm off in a huff and throw your toys out the cot again? Or will you work side by side those you have dissed the last couple of months?

BTW - Vince, the way to win an debate isn't just to sit back and call someone a lair and that's it, nothing else from you, back up your statement with proof that contradicts what Deon said... that was weak my man. -1

As for the AGM, how would Mr average joe know who to vote for.. Should there not be some form of campaigning.. cos lets not get stuck with another Zuma in charge based on ignorant votes.

How can i make an educated decision?

It seems this vote is going down between two groups with not much information on either, so thus this vote is going down on personal grounds. Are you in vinces camp or are you in Deon's Camp... well so far if my vote is based on credible information and not dis information, Deon is winning hands down...

Either way, i will be at the AGM to cast my vote for who ever i think will benefit Tokai the most, so that accounts for everyone, the DH riders, the XC crew, the average joes, the enduro craze whatever... as long as the end result is better than Jonkershoek (which BTW i helped build on) and i can say, it wasn't build in 3 months in the middle of summer, its taken years to get Jonkers to what it is. I do find it comical that Deon and his crew are slated on that, i mean seriously, that's like mission impossible, but i guess Vince would rather have 29ers cycling up DH1...

Guest Omega Man

Vince and Duane.. if you guys don't get a seat on the committee.. are you going to storm off in a huff and throw your toys out the cot again? Or will you work side by side those you have dissed the last couple of months?

Please come to Jakes tomorrow night so we can discuss the matter face to face.

And no. No we didn't storm off in a huff. We took a decision together that we felt would be best for the both of us. Yes the split was acrimonious to say the least. We left to concentrate our efforts elsewhere where we felt there would be more reward. And no that relationship hasn't soured. I'm not sure where that story comes from but I'll phone Jan just to confirm.

We emailed Deon before we put it out on social media. I did get quite childish after that. I own that and I regret that.

The exact details of us leaving should really remain between the 3 of us.

Edited by Omega Man

Talking of voting, how will it work?

If there are 5 or 6 openings on the committee will each of us present at the AGM have 5 votes (1 for each position)? That way you can select whoever you think the most suited for a specific position.

Or will we vote once and the 5 people with the most votes go on the committee and they decide who wears what hat?

Guest OldFlow

Talking of voting, how will it work?

If there are 5 or 6 openings on the committee will each of us present at the AGM have 5 votes (1 for each position)? That way you can select whoever you think the most suited for a specific position.

Or will we vote once and the 5 people with the most votes go on the committee and they decide who wears what hat?

Hi DJR,

You can nominate and vote a person for each seat i.e. five different peeps

The serving chairman will be one of the group of five...

Edited by OldFlow

Hi DJR,

You can nominate and vote a person for each seat i.e. five different peeps

The serving chairman will be one of the group of five...

Thanks, didn't want to assume because that has made an ass of me in the past.

Duane.. please answer the question, its not about face to face, to be honest i don't want to spend a single second in your company, but that's just me.

Duane.. please answer the question, its not about face to face, to be honest i don't want to spend a single second in your company, but that's just me.
Im not really on Duane's side of the fence here but the invite seems genuine enough, and talking face to face might not be the worst idea.

I don't know if you missed it in the last 24 pagee that Duane and I believe Vince aren't putting themselve up for nomination. Even if someone else nominates them I'm not sure if they will accept.

You might be suprised as to who they themselves nominate.

Ok, so don't answer the question. No worries, Marko35s, i have no want to meet or speak to Duane, his offer might be genuine, but i don't care. That bridge got burnt a long time ago. I prob wont post here again, i was directed to this string to find out what exactly this AGM is all about. Must say reading all that wada wada wasn't a solid waste of time. I will go vote. It has provided me with some insight into whats going on.

Edited by SpyDude

Guest Omega Man

I guess you won't be coming on one of my France trips in 2015 then. We're doing 2 to Chamonix/Mont Blanc for those that are interested. Hehe.

I'll answer the question as best I can.

No we won't storm off in a huff. You see. We've already won. And here's the kicker. So have you.

By having an elected committee that's accountable to the riders we'll see the load being spread a bit. Deon would hopefully continue in his current role as liaison to Sanparks. We'll have a professional trail builder building trail. That professional trail builder wouldn't be able to be a member of the committee because of conflict of interest. So hopefully it would be a Bennet or a Mark Gordon.

With the contracting of a professional builder hopefully the volunteer days could become shaping and that sort of thing instead of hard labor.

The communication to the public/users should be better as one of the positions on the committee is a PR type role.

There will be better accounting for funds going in as there's a position for an accounting body/secretary. Also a set of financials would be produced so we'll all know where the money went and what it was spent on.

You see. Everybody wins.

I realize that I'm not everybody's cup of GMO free soya. So it's all good if you don't want to spend one second in my company. If I spent all my time trying to make others happy I'd never have to time to make myself happy.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest OldFlow

Thanks, didn't want to assume because that has made an ass of me in the past.

I am getting quite a few requests from people asking me to say who our nominees would be.

I feel this forum should not really be the place for any electioneering, so anyone wanting the list of names can e-mail me at johno.metcalfe@gmail.com

Edited by OldFlow

Guest OldFlow

Given what has gone here I would say that this is exactly the place you should be naming your nominees.

I don't want to be the one to precipitate any more storms here :w00t:

I'll happily tell you if you mail me!

I guess you won't be coming on one of my France trips in 2015 then. We're doing 2 to Chamonix/Mont Blanc for those that are interested. Hehe.

I'll answer the question as best I can.

No we won't storm off in a huff. You see. We've already won. And here's the kicker. So have you.

By having an elected committee that's accountable to the riders we'll see the load being spread a bit. Deon would hopefully continue in his current role as liaison to Sanparks. We'll have a professional trail builder building trail. That professional trail builder wouldn't be able to be a member of the committee because of conflict of interest. So hopefully it would be a Bennet or a Mark Gordon.

With the contracting of a professional builder hopefully the volunteer days could become shaping and that sort of thing instead of hard labor.

The communication to the public/users should be better as one of the positions on the committee is a PR type role.

There will be better accounting for funds going in as there's a position for an accounting body/secretary. Also a set of financials would be produced so we'll all know where the money went and what it was spent on.

You see. Everybody wins.

I realize that I'm not everybody's cup of GMO free soya. So it's all good if you don't want to spend one second in my company. If I spent all my time trying to make others happy I'd never have to time to make myself happy.

Seems my explanation of the current and precious dynamic has fallen on deaf ears...

I am getting quite a few requests from people asking me to say who our nominees would be.

I feel this forum should not really be the place for any electioneering, so anyone wanting the list of names can e-mail me at johno.metcalfe@gmail.com

Also would like to know as it is relevant..... pm me the names if you don't want to list them...