Which to Buy.... MTB - Shoes

Shepherd

SIDI.... I own 6 sets of cycling shoes (3 road, 3 mtb) .... 5 of them are SIDI.... for a reason... the other one is Shimano...

The manufacturer is largely irrelevant for lowish mileage riders - Find a set that FITS best and falls within your price bracket - get the cleats on them set up with help from someone who knows what they are doing, and go ride your bike....... eventually you will buy a set of Sidi shoes... :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that most shoes are too narrow for me. I am now riding with Sidi's. Their Mega last is a bit wider and very comfortable.

Thanks again everyone...

Tried on some shoes and ended up getting these... the 2014 Specialized MTB Comp...

Not a carbon sole but a very hard plastic sole.

I tried on the 2013 version of the same shoe and the widest part of my front foot was very compacted into the shoe...

Then tried on the 2014 version and it fit very nicely all around my foot... much better than my old shoes, not just have to use them to see how they are :)

Thanks again hope this helps someone else :)

post-49972-0-40183900-1391416618_thumb.jpg

post-49972-0-90477200-1391416619_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everyone...

Tried on some shoes and ended up getting these... the 2014 Specialized MTB Comp...

Not a carbon sole but a very hard plastic sole.

I tried on the 2013 version of the same shoe and the widest part of my front foot was very compacted into the shoe...

Then tried on the 2014 version and it fit very nicely all around my foot... much better than my old shoes, not just have to use them to see how they are :)

Thanks again hope this helps someone else :)

Now that you have those Spez comps have a BG fit asap to make sure you have the right type of insole for your foot arch, shims if needed to align your knees and your cleats placed in the corrrect position. It can make a good fitting shoe, GREAT.

Edited by MuddyMike

• 3 months later...

Hi Hubbers...

Looking at getting a new pair or shoes this weekend and not sure what to buy.. what can you recommend and why?

I am looking at these?

Specialized MTB Sport.... http://www.specialized.com/za/en/ftr/shoes/mtb-shoes/sport-mtb

Otherwise had the Deadora (Not sure on model but not too expensive) before, about 4 years old now and the soles are a bit too flexible now and soft... also they have also always made my front part of the foot go numb sometimes.....

Anywho looking forward to the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Tim

Tim buy the Specialized shoes because of the body geometry fit - the inner sole design prevents knee jerk. Best performance and best looking shoes by far

even these entry level range or shoes?

Yes.

I've abused mine since 2008 and have only recently started to consider replacing them, but can't really justify it, because they're still absolutely fine. Consider this within context of me having gone through 3 different stems, 3 different bars, several seatposts, and many tyres in the last few months, and 4 bikes in the last two years.

EDIT: Damnit, just realised this is an old post. Never mind though, my opinion still stands.

Edited by Martin Hattingh

Scott and spez are great shoes, can't go wrong with giro privateers.

Scott MTB shoes are a big pile of smelly stuff.. My Scott's I bought have had a broken strap.. The Soles have come away from the shoe.. And the cleats have eaten into the sole... I will never ever buy a pair of scotts again.... and they are only just over a year old