2014 Dischem ride for sight.

Jeri

I am sticking with falling back to B. Did my only R4S two years ago in 3:00 and some seconds. I have a completely different gitness / strength profile now, some better aspects, others worse... not too confident oc a sub 3.

Might just seek out @cyclewizz and suck his wheel... ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sticking with falling back to B. Did my only R4S two years ago in 3:00 and some seconds. I have a completely different gitness / strength profile now, some better aspects, others worse... not too confident oc a sub 3.

Might just seek out @cyclewizz and suck his wheel... ;)

See you (and Cyclewizz?) in BL, I'm dropping down to ride with a mate.

GW club kit

Just to remind all the haastige honne - your time will be close to an Argus time. Few people sommer net do a 3h Argus. I want to meet the famous one speed wonner - Rouxtjie. Will pay in sweat for the honour to ride in his bus. The rules are steady and strong. No games to drop hubbers. I will be happy to drop back if we have 5 realistic 3:15 in the wourking group.

Same here...no little praaaaps around bends or guttering.

On a sidenote, woke up with a moer sore throat, giving it horns with the andolex. Hope it doesnt progress further today.

Same here...no little praaaaps around bends or guttering.

On a sidenote, woke up with a moer sore throat, giving it horns with the andolex. Hope it doesnt progress further today.

Gargle with whiskey?

If no wind the first place where bunches will break up is at around 43km. Up to there it is effectively ALL downhill

All the conversation around which group to start in got me curious. I only rode the 2012 edition, starting in AL, and it was lekker fast, with the front bunch finishing in 2:52.

So I did a bit of digging... and not taking 2011 into account which was super fast :eek: :eek: :eek: (AL front bunch at 2:43), you can expect the following.

- AL front bunch will finish at around 2:55, size of the front bunch (AL riders only) > 50 riders.

- BL front bunch will finish at around 3:00, size of the front bunch (BL riders only) < 30 riders.

- CL front bunch will finish at around 3:05, size of the front bunch (CL riders only) <30 riders.

I would guess the BL and CL front bunches to be much bigger, since they will contain all the guys that started in front of them that could not hold on.

Bottom line, the bunch to the finish line will be beeeg, with testosterone oozing, so be careful out there!!

So is it safe to assume that D will be in the region of 3:10? I was in C last week at the Berg and bush and did a 3:10

Bottom line, the bunch to the finish line will be beeeg, with testosterone oozing, so be careful out there!!

2012 main B bunch - 3hrs - not a sub 3)

post-28936-1392362804,3974.jpg

2012 main B bunch - 3hrs - not a sub 3)

post-28936-1392362804,3974.jpg

Hey maar daai oom het gesprint!!

Sure agteros. That is what I said ± 3hrs for BL. BTW, the actual "winning time" for BL was 2h57.

My post was to help those that struggled to decide which group to start in. Times are best guesses.

For the record, barring the occational lone breakaway, the winning times for BL

2013 - 3:08

2012 - 2:57

2011 - 3:01

2010 - 2:59

Hey maar daai oom het gesprint!!

Sure agteros. That is what I said ± 3hrs for BL. BTW, the actual "winning time" for BL was 2h57.

My post was to help those that struggled to decide which group to start in. Times are best guesses.

For the record, barring the occational lone breakaway, the winning times for BL

2013 - 3:08

2012 - 2:57

2011 - 3:01

2010 - 2:59

absolutely! From what I remember there wasn't any strong winds that day as well.

Standard disclaimer as per unit trusts: "past performance is no indication of future expectations" ;)

Only reason I am galling back to B.is that I will not be able to cope with the surges in AL

absolutely! From what I remember there wasn't any strong winds that day as well.

Standard disclaimer as per unit trusts: "past performance is no indication of future expectations" ;)

Only reason I am galling back to B.is that I will not be able to cope with the surges in AL

:-)

There was a lekker mild SE blowing. I remember the left turn at Carnival, and the speed went from 20 to 50 in no time.

Hoping for the same on Sunday!!

Have a safe one!!!

Entered for my first one, but all this scary talk now has me shivering a bit! Sounds more like the last one standing wins……

...Gosh ! Sounds like a war sone...!

Certainly not trying to sound materialistic but I do feel to give credit to the organizers.

I just want to complement the organizers on a very nice goodie bag supplied. Even pins in the envelope. If this is how it starts, I have high hopes for the race itself :)

Guys that did the Berge and Dale would know what I am talking about when I say that their organisers can certainly learn a few things here. Know it is difficult and a cut-through business but the little things does make a difference.