What size!?!

Joebike

Looking to by a 2014 Specialize Epic comp carbon 29er! Im 1,78m tall, and the sizing charts say im at the top end of a medium or lowest end of a large frame! Is there anyone out there who owns Specialized bikes that can give me some advice?

Looking to by a 2014 Specialize Epic comp carbon 29er! Im 1,78m tall, and the sizing charts say im at the top end of a medium or lowest end of a large frame! Is there anyone out there who owns Specialized bikes that can give me some advice?

no I dont own one but, I have been riding medium bikes. That was a Wilier, Two Scotts and a Titan. I am now on a Large and I am loving it. Im also 1.78m

I'm 174 and after my research I'm looking at a large 29'r ,I have been riding a large specialized 26'r. have a look I raised the question some weeks back and got the guys to list the bike makes and sizes they swopped from

Edited by howardsteele

Rule of thumb, for racing go for the smaller frame, for touring and cruising go for the bigger frame.

Second rule of thumb (as I have two thumbs) Top tube length is the fine tuner. Longer torso, longer arms, longer frame-go for the bigger bike even if the stand over is a bit tight. Shorter torso go for the smaller frame and use a shorter stem and longer seat post.

Rule of big toe, 29ers angles are different from real mtb bikes. So you may have to move the saddle more forward than on your other bike thereby shortening the length of the bike. Also your handle bars may be higher on a 29er, as the geometry will be different.

Second rule of big toe, ride before you buy.

Pinky rule shop around, your brand may not be the best, or the cheapest. (in some perverse cases the cheapest may be the best)

Second pinky rule, the bike you like and the bike you buy (if they are the same bike) is the best bike in the world.

Elbow rule, Red is a good colour for a bike. That with white tyres...........