Morningside cycles

Eugee

Ive just moved up here from cape town and with all the changes ive been looking around to get a new bike as well. Im looking at scott, could you guys maybe point me to a cycle shop that is not morningside cycles as they can not be bothered to answer mail or pick up phones. Really makes me miss CWC.

Im living in orchards next to norwood and houton. If the shop happens to be close by that would be a bonus.

Morningside guys (If theres anyone on the hub from morningside cycles). You should look at your website, your communication, responding to e-mails etc. you know its the 21st century. Will not visit your shop any time soon just because of this.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shop is busy, with personal service from the owners.....who don't sit around answering emails. It's how they have chosen to run their business, and from that they have built up a lot of personal relationships with a lot of good customers. Don't write them off, go in and give them a try. If you don't want to deal with people, just buy it online.....use CWC. Otherwise, try Dunkeld cycles, it's close to you and generally a good bunch as well from my experience. Not sure they sell Scott though. Linden cycles is also close by and has Scott for sure, don't use them personally but lots of people do. From the look of their shop, I can't imagine they would be very good with emails and phones either.

Dunkeld Cycles are close to you and stock Scott.

They are in the Dunkeld centre, cnr Jan Smuts and Bompas roads.

The shop is busy, with personal service from the owners.....who don't sit around answering emails. It's how they have chosen to run their business, and from that they have built up a lot of personal relationships with a lot of good customers. Don't write them off, go in and give them a try. If you don't want to deal with people, just buy it online.....use CWC. Otherwise, try Dunkeld cycles, it's close to you and generally a good bunch as well from my experience. Not sure they sell Scott though. Linden cycles is also close by and has Scott for sure, don't use them personally but lots of people do. From the look of their shop, I can't imagine they would be very good with emails and phones either.

Thank you. I do understand a busy shop. I do not hower get that they have no contact details and that the phone is not answered once a day ( and i do mean that i tried to phone once every ten mins or so for the entire day). I would be more than willing to give them a try if i went there on a thursday and for the entire day they had people on the floor and no time to answer a phone.

Generally i pick up the phone and give the guys a call ask them if they have something in stock if i need something specific and then only drive out. Thanks for the other shops Im going to give them a try.

Ive just moved up here from cape town and with all the changes ive been looking around to get a new bike as well. Im looking at scott, could you guys maybe point me to a cycle shop that is not morningside cycles as they can not be bothered to answer mail or pick up phones. Really makes me miss CWC.

Im living in orchards next to norwood and houton. If the shop happens to be close by that would be a bonus.

Morningside guys (If theres anyone on the hub from morningside cycles). You should look at your website, your communication, responding to e-mails etc. you know its the 21st century. Will not visit your shop any time soon just because of this.

I agree. I don't care how good you are face to face, if you haven't the decency to answer the phone you won't get my business!

I agree. I don't care how good you are face to face, if you haven't the decency to answer the phone you won't get my business!

I couldnt have said this better myself, if you cant answer a phone to respond to a potential customer why would I even bother wasting petrol on a drive out to the shop.

I'm a big fan of MSC, always managed to help me out and a proper LBS with personal service. But if you want to phone a store, go in and purchase and leave then your best bet is probably cyclelab fourways. Since they moved they stock scott. If you're looking for an LBS other than MSC, Dunkeld is close to you - Merlin is really helpful.

No matter how busy they are or how good their personal service is they need to get with it! They are the importers of Yeti and have customer all over the country. I have been struggling more than a month now to get my Yeti sorted out and emails are useless! I have to call or nothing gets done and its even so bad that I have to call and insist on talking to Jared only because if I give a message to Colin (the owner of the shop?! And he knows about my issue) he just doesn't carry the message over!

I have been a Yeti fan since I saw my first Yellow and Turquoise machine 15yrs ago and I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the love of the brand and Greg from Yeti I would probably be on a different bike.

It takes only a few minutes at the end off a busy day to check your mails and respond.

enjoi

Finish line is the way to go. They in kempton awesome bunch of guys.

I wish i could agree, but i was promised an imediate call back, well yesterday, nothing thus far. But i sure will let you know if i do manage any contact. It does seem however that joburg unlike cape town (the city thats fast asleep) requires you to get in your car and actually go to the shop and ask around.

Johnson cycles in Edenvale, you won't go wrong.

Not in my experience with them. Won't go back.

For misc items and parts I go to Solomons in Woodmead. For services/repairs I now take my Yeti all the way to Torqzone in Centurion.

Morningside Cycles have been a mixed bag of experiences for me, they don't answer their phones, they are a friendly and helpful bunch of guys if you do go in, they did a good job and gave me the best price for my tubeless conversion, but they also lost a clamp from a lock-on grip on my girlfriend's bike when it went in for a service (they did replace the grip after I went in and complained).

I've had consistently good experiences with Solomon's Woodmead, SBR Sport in Sunninghill, and Northcliff Cycles - so that's where most of my money goes.

Not in my experience with them. Won't go back.

For misc items and parts I go to Solomons in Woodmead. For services/repairs I now take my Yeti all the way to Torqzone in Centurion.

Which Yeti frame would that be?

Archived