SILVERBACK GUARANTEE???

YatesK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... They have replaced (from 2007 till now) 3 x Nabraska frames for me...

This is a topic on its own --> why would you (anybody) need to replace a frame that many times?

Even if it was a Silverback chain there is no way of proving his daughter did or did not pedal in such a way that it would cause the chain the brake imo.

Sorry, no pic's of the chain - anyway, to those of you that offered constructive comment / opinion on this issue, I thank you. to those that offer sarcastic drivel, I suggest you wear a helmet when you go riding, it might protect you brain from further damage next time you land on your head.

I have moved on - signing out.

Sorry, no pic's of the chain - anyway, to those of you that offered constructive comment / opinion on this issue, I thank you. to those that offer sarcastic drivel, I suggest you wear a helmet when you go riding, it might protect you brain from further damage next time you land on your head.

thank goodness....if you don't like to hear opinions, don't ask for them. Bye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

thank goodness....if you don't like to hear opinions, don't ask for them. Bye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

when i saw the post count and the topic i knew this was going to be a hit and run member

your comment made me think of this.

post-38473-0-17464200-1392107527_thumb.jpg

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Also riding a Mercury frame with the rest of the Moda hardware.

Anyway, after my frame replacement rebuild my chain kept on breaking. As I bought the bike at Hot Spot Cycles I had to take it back there for the warranty replacment and rebuild. I went through three chains in a month and Hot Spot also blamed it on me and said the best they could do was give me discount on a new chain.

After the second chain I had enough and took the bike to Cycle-fix where Magnus' first words were "If a new chain keeps on breaking, there's something wrong with your bike". The problem was with the alignment of the Front Derailleur. They fixed it and I haven't broken a chain since.

Remember, the bike arrives at your LBS in a box. They still have to build it... which they can screw up pretty easily.

I took my Moda in for a service in the morning and thought nothing of it when they said it will take a few days before i could collect as i thought they were busy. Imagine my surprise when they wheeled out the Mercury when i went to collect.

I took my Moda in for a service in the morning and thought nothing of it when they said it will take a few days before i could collect as i thought they were busy. Imagine my surprise when they wheeled out the Mercury when i went to collect.

Flame the bike shop and Silverback for not informing you! :devil: :D

Ok, That's a lekker surprise!

I'm one of the fools that actually snapped my frame. Met a guy at sani who also had exactly the same bike. He had some BB issue and then also got a warranty replacment.

Getting back on to the original thread. The CPA does in fact cover this unless it can be proved in any way that the fault was as a result of improper use. However, here's the catch, the claim is against the store where the bike was bought, not the manufacturer. If the chain failed due to malfunction or equipment failure, the consumer has the right to repair, replace or refund. The Act is quite clear on this. The store would than have to take the matter up with the manufacturer or distributor.

Jou moer...ek gaan boer........

Edited by Kranswurm

Getting back on to the original thread. The CPA does in fact cover this unless it can be proved in any way that the fault was as a result of improper use. However, here's the catch, the claim is against the store where the bike was bought, not the manufacturer. If the chain failed due to malfunction or equipment failure, the consumer has the right to repair, replace or refund. The Act is quite clear on this. The store would than have to take the matter up with the manufacturer or distributor.

did you read the whole thread?

I agree.

Is there ANY manufacturer that will cover everything?

Agree!

there is not one MTB manufacturer whos warrantee extends beyond the rame...Or am i to be corrceted?

seems the general concensus here also agree!

Even if it was a Silverback chain there is no way of proving his daughter did or did not pedal in such a way that it would cause the chain the brake imo.

I did not know that Silverback was producing chains???

MAybe i'll get myself a GIANt chain, and also a GT one and them compare both and flame one or the other company when I x-chain and trashed it!! :whistling: :whistling:

This is a topic on its own --> why would you (anybody) need to replace a frame that many times?

The frame was replaced that many times due to product failure. aka cracked frame. There is a topic about it as well around here somewhere.