Jonkershoek trail video

HLTGN

My friends and I recently shot this video in Jonkershoek on the new enduro / double black diamond trail with the goal to enter it into the World of Heroes / Trickery competition.

If you enjoy the video, please visit this link. Simply click on “vote”, click “OK” and then on the “Like” button. It will be greatly appreciated! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXLD52rLT4

Good bits:

Clever concept, with nice narrative details - somebody clearly story-boarded this properly, unlike the now familiar "let's just go ride and see what happens" fare.

Riding is of a particularly high quality, which is crucial.

Less stellar elements:

Lighting is abysmal: you need to get there between 6 and 7am, or 18:30 to 19:20, those Forrest shadows and burnt highlights are substantial debits.

The links could use some focus pulls for better transitions, and some 130mm-plus shots to compress the background on those long run-ins would be nice.

Notable potential though, for future collaborations between whoever shot, produced this and the riders involved.

Oh so that's how you're supposed to ride down there...

Great riding and cool vid! Was however looking forward to seeing a hardtail take on the massive rock drops high up on the double black ;)

haha. We checked it out, but that drop is definitely a carbon hardtail breaker... :mellow:

Good bits:

Clever concept, with nice narrative details - somebody clearly story-boarded this properly, unlike the now familiar "let's just go ride and see what happens" fare.

Riding is of a particularly high quality, which is crucial.

Less stellar elements:

Lighting is abysmal: you need to get there between 6 and 7am, or 18:30 to 19:20, those Forrest shadows and burnt highlights are substantial debits.

The links could use some focus pulls for better transitions, and some 130mm-plus shots to compress the background on those long run-ins would be nice.

Notable potential though, for future collaborations between whoever shot, produced this and the riders involved.

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it :) The video had to be shot 100% on a GoPro so unfortunately no focus pulls or 130mm-plus shots could be used.

"Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it :) The video had to be shot 100% on a GoPro so unfortunately no focus pulls or 130mm-plus shots could be used."

You have all the correct ideas and the riders. Get some better DSLRs, set the alarm for 4am - and make an epic video.

Looking forward to some more footage from you guys in future.

haha. We checked it out, but that drop is definitely a carbon hardtail breaker... :mellow:

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it :) The video had to be shot 100% on a GoPro so unfortunately no focus pulls or 130mm-plus shots could be used.

That is true... Saw them on Saturday. DEFINTELY not for the faint hearted or carbon hardtails...

Nicely done :thumbup:

Are there lines for lesser mortals on hardtails?

Edited by jaaki