SA Girls to Kiwi Land Worthless or worthy

sernoche1

sernoche1' date=' you posted an equally negative comment about the national men's team at the Tour de Langkawi. You seem to sit there clutching your half-full glass of sour grape juice watching the UCI calendar tick by just itching to write something discouraging about the national teams of which you don't even know the proper composition. You also speculate wildly which is really not a very attractive character trait.

Your lack of cycling knowledge is evident and your lack of optimism is unfortunate. Do you know there is counselling available for people like you?[/quote']

SB, EXCELLENT one!!!  Now sernoche1 has gone all quite.......  Sad person.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a billboard on the way in to Jozi that says "You can build up, or you can break down - you choose."  For the Sowetan I think.

Quite appropriate.
bruce2008-02-26 01:09:52

isn't the whole point of us sending riders overseas is to gain experience and raise their game........?

For the guy that started this thread...how about we do this, We select the very best ladies team possible, make them sign an agreement that they will win everything, charge them up to the hilt on EPO and every other contraband we can find and send them off to conquer the world?? Will that work for you?

Clearly you have never been on a national team, or probably even raced?

Point is, these ladies are selected to compete. And they are faced with a daunting task ahead of them...so dont run them down, just because your girlfriend is not on the team.

Ladies, do your best.

And Cherise, your more than qualified for the job at hand...

Much as I don't agree with sensorship, if I was an administrator or moderator for the group I would "accidentally" drop 

sernoche1's account.

There should be a rule that you can not criticise a National team until you have stood on the top step of a podium in a world class event.

The problem with this country is that everyone is back seat critic and are far to happy to tear down rather than support.

We all continually talk of sending teams overseas to gain experience, not only cycling but other sports as well.  However there needs to be a bigger picture of how we are going to use this experience in the long run.

I think that is were we shoot ourselves in the foot, as a country, not having the correct administration in place to put a long term plan in place and see it through.

We certainly have plenty talent in this country but do not seem able to get to the top.

sernoche1' date=' you posted an equally negative comment about the national men's team at the Tour de Langkawi. You seem to sit there clutching your half-full glass of sour grape juice watching the UCI calendar tick by just itching to write something discouraging about the national teams of which you don't even know the proper composition. You also speculate wildly which is really not a very attractive character trait.

Your lack of cycling knowledge is evident and your lack of optimism is unfortunate. Do you know there is counselling available for people like you?[/quote']

Sean.

Excellent!!!  ClapClapClap

Post of the year!!!

Girls.

Good luck!!!!  We will hold thumbs and scream you up the hills!!  Let us know of any news!!!

Guys why is JP van Zyl academy doing so well with the other African nationals under his wing yet our very own cyclists are not there surely,JP has something to give to his country if only CSA can work with him. The country has so much untapped talent which we lose to the pro teams.

Imagine if Bradley Potgieter, Johanthan Kinnear, Arran Brown, Pieter Botha, Jaco Venter, to name a few were given the opportunity to work together for a few months with the goal of representing the country what could come of it? Let us hope after April congress the people leading us then will work towards the sport and not their self interest.

Damn, a popcorn thread that i could get all worked up about and I've missed most of it. My favourite subject, women's racing Big%20smile

I always love the way everyone has something to say when they don't even know any of the girls, seen any of the racing or being near any of the action.

Oh' date=' and the people who have always are the positive ones....amazing !!![/quote']

WW, I don't think we should kid ourselves.  Our ladies have got work to do if they want to make it internationally, no question.

But you are right, at the end of the day, we will only get them there if they are supported properly.

Andrew has twice referred to the power profiles of the Vet's here in S.A. compared to World Class Ladies.

Take a look at the following power profile:

20080226_030447_Vet_vs_Ladies_P.gif

This is the profile of a top S.A. Vet.  Each of these bars is a different critical power duration.  You'll see this this Vet makes it into "Domestic Pro" (this is in the U.S.) only in the 5 minute duration.  All others are lower than that.  European pro ladies are a level above this, probably at the same level as our local Elites.

But, at the end of the day.  We can put them down, or we can try to work with them and get them to this level.  In my mind, here are the facts, this is where they need to be!  Let's start working towards that!

Imagine being one of the ladies over there reading the comments about how she shouldn't be there, or how selfish she is as a rider. WAKE UP!!! We get knocked about enough by everyone else. Can't we for once get up and applaud the women as they head out to fufill their dreams. Can't we for once encourage them ever step of the way. Can't we for once wish them every success and show them that as a cycling community, we're behind them every step of the way whether they win or lose. They are out there cycling their hearts out and all we can do is try and rip their hearts out!!!.

Man I get pissed off when I read the negative comments aimed at bringing down the only chances we have at New Zealand.  

Can we get their cell numbers? Can we send sms's  of encouragement? Can we send them emails telling them we're shouting for them? Can we help them raise their game so that they can go out there and do the best they can!

We are our own worst enemy. Angry

Must say. It is a good team with nice strong riders. Hope they do well in Kiwi land and all the best to them!!!!

Just what i don't get is why go there and not europe. And many of the other teams is long time there allready to adapt to kiwi land climate, while our team only arrived there couple days ago. How the hel must they perform duo to this??

Are we going to send riders to olimpics later on also 2 days before it starts......Confused