WHAT!? Mayhem is back on the road???

It was hijacked as soon as Dale said he liked me...

we all like you armpies..spreading the love...spreading the love

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon GM could teach me how to not fall going downn right turning switchbacks. . I swear that is my only issue..left fine.. but right.. ai.. my hubby says I am like a nascar driver can only turn left

Okay. Report time. Firstly - why the feck are these bars so tiny!? Felt like I was a middle aged Chinese woman trying to stuff myself into some new shoes.

Anyway. Secondly - there needs to be some tweaks in the setup. Stem is too long and the seat is too far forward. I also need to get used to the positioning again. Strange at first but it felt eerily familiar the longer I went.

Only did 30 minutes as the weather wasn't playing along, but so far so good. Shifts perfectly and goes well.

Mostly though, I forgot how fast a road bike can accelerate and how easy it is to maintain a reasonable speed. Compared to the giant it's about 50% easier to maintain speed and accelerate out the blocks. I kid you not. And it's not even a suoer stiff carbon race bike.

So yeah. It's a good choice. But I need to do some small adjustments before I'm 100% happy.

But overall - success.

.......... I forgot how fast a road bike can accelerate and how easy it is to maintain a reasonable speed................

Those 2 things, incredible acceleration if you give it a kick with the spurs, and speed, is why I love to ride a road bike.

Also, I cannot get myself to ride over Chapmans Peak on mountain bike, it would be too much like dancing a Strauss waltz with a beautiful gracious girl while you are wearing gumboots.

Lol. Didn't you see? I wear my gumboots while riding this thing. Flats an'all ekse

You are in excellent company. A year or 2 ago Danny MacAskill (think the story was in Ride or Bicycling) rode the Argus on a borrowed road bike. They had to put flats on for him because he had never used cleats in his life!

Strangely enough.. chicks don't particularly want to know if guys dress left or right. or um in the ones guys case of where is he hiding it.. :whistling:

can we stop quoting that pic now, please? :wacko:

Okay. Report time. Firstly - why the feck are these bars so tiny!? Felt like I was a middle aged Chinese woman trying to stuff myself into some new shoes.

Anyway. Secondly - there needs to be some tweaks in the setup. Stem is too long and the seat is too far forward. I also need to get used to the positioning again. Strange at first but it felt eerily familiar the longer I went.

Only did 30 minutes as the weather wasn't playing along, but so far so good. Shifts perfectly and goes well.

Mostly though, I forgot how fast a road bike can accelerate and how easy it is to maintain a reasonable speed. Compared to the giant it's about 50% easier to maintain speed and accelerate out the blocks. I kid you not. And it's not even a suoer stiff carbon race bike.

So yeah. It's a good choice. But I need to do some small adjustments before I'm 100% happy.

But overall - success.

hey, and how bumpy was that road? My teeth rattled for days after chappies.. yoh!

hey, and how bumpy was that road? My teeth rattled for days after chappies.. yoh!

That's what a full 23mm of 100 Psi air suspension will do to you, give you a buzz! :D (Bit rough if you're used to 160 mil.)

Edited by DJR

So! You admit it, even without the pictures. Ha!

100psi, DJR? Too soft. 130 is nice, where the tyres send little stones pinging across the road. Or, in the case of commuting, into someone's car door.

So! You admit it, even without the pictures. Ha!

100psi, DJR? Too soft. 130 is nice, where the tyres send little stones pinging across the road. Or, in the case of commuting, into someone's car door.

Hey, better admit it before someone actually posts that pic.. as far as I remember, it was not pretty.