compressor for mtb tyre

Stretch

Now that's a plan.

I'll see if the local kooperasie can get me a cylinder of nitrous oxide.......then I can keep all my clients happy ;)

Very happy indeed..... and you can do the carnival thing with a mickey mouse voice too... :) You should be able to get nitrogen fairly easily - that's the best one.. just the cylinders are BIG...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw this at Midas the other day for R635...I reckon you could better for the same price, and I dont like that it runs of 12V...but I wonder if it would work?

post-7169-0-26457900-1393490838_thumb.jpg

It Does not work!!

It is going to my school fees list. Typical Chinese junk. Very low flow.

I pump faster with a hand pump

It Does not work!!It is going to my school fees list. Typical Chinese junk. Very low flow.I pump faster with a hand pump
IT DOES WORK.....hand pump you need two hands and a lot of effort.With low flow and all, you only need one finger......that is to press the on-switch. You then stand back, monitor the pressure dial......with cold beer in one hand and boerie in other......no effort.

But then again......if you don't apply RTFM and are not fluent in Chinese.....it can be a problem......

It Does not work!!

It is going to my school fees list. Typical Chinese junk. Very low flow.

IT DOES WORK.....hand pump you need two hands and a lot of effort.With low flow and all, you only need one finger......that is to press the on-switch. You then stand back, monitor the pressure dial......with cold beer in one hand and boerie in other......no effort.

But then again......if you don't apply RTFM and are not fluent in Chinese.....it can be a problem......

LOL

Luckily I read this in context......otherwise it could have been a problem.

I know, I know..........ek is 'n suf kind, but it is Friday and the week was hectic.

Have a nice weekend all HUBSTERS.....and remember to relax!!

post-41755-0-77409500-1393584149_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-01047600-1393584157_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-23107300-1393584166_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-03631000-1393584176_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:eek: If you going to use that thing to seal your tubeless conversions then don't bother . That little compressor is only good for inflating half porridge tires .

You can use your car spare tyre as the source cylinder. It has plenty of volume. Use the floor pump or small compressor to top it up once finished. Just need to make up the connection between car and bike tires, but that is pretty simple.

Some tubeless valves restrict the airflow such that it is almost impossible to get the tyre to seat, but if you take out the valve, it may seat almost immediately even using a hand pump. Pump the tire up to just over three bar. Remove pump. Place thumb over valve. Look for missing valve. Remove thumb, insert valve. Should still be almost two bar in tire.

PS

It was one of those purchases that the wife went..."really? REALLY? When are you ever going to use that thing". Let me set the scene

I am very much an impulse buyer, I can walk into a builders warehouse to go and buy some chlorine and walk out with a benchsaw or hydraulic press, so when I went to outdoor warehouse I just wanted the latest getaway, but walked out with that and this mini compressor with puncture repair kit for cars....wife gave me the houtoog and really really speech...I just shrugged and went...you know me by now babes.

So picture this a week later...wife gets up on the sat morning to go and have breakfast wife her friends and some snooty snotty trendy cafe bar, I slept in...heard the garage door open, car starting...and then car got switch off...thinking she forgot her sunnies or purse I wasn't bothered. Now this is where it gets interesting...wife sees she has puncture and now refusing to admit that my impulse purchase will be handy gets the jack, wheelspanner and spare wheel out of the boot all sneaky like...cause she is now going to be hardegat and change her own tyre(she is stubborn that way). I hear spanners and tools fall on the garage floor so got up to see what's going on. Tip toeing to the garage...I hear some choice words as she tries to get jack under the car, So I position myself in the doorway without her noticing all smug like, arms folded with a smug grin on my face. When she notices me after a minute, she gave me one look and said....ok use your new toy and fix please babe....all i heard was...you are a legend.

Got my t-max out...found the nail that caused the puncture, removed it....plugged the hole and pump her tyre up in less than 10 minutes and she was off to said breakfast and skinner session

That my friends is why this little compressor is worth its weight in gold....oh and it makes tubeless conversions a breeze. Get one!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

that is BEAUTIFUL...

If you going to buy one of these small "electric pump " I think you are wasting money unless you going to use it for you next Moz trip on you 4x4 . If it has not got a decent tank on , then your floor pump can most probably do the same job . There are so many thing can do with a proper compressor beside pumping up your bicycle tires . I got about 4 of those 12v compressors lying around and the best I can say about them are that they are sheeet . :whistling:

How often are you changing tyres? Get the adaptor and go up to the local filling station. Unless you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket or you have another use for a compressor.

Archived