Emperors Race

awesme

Started in BL..very fast start over the bridge onto Rondebult but it looked like everyone managed to stay with the bunch.

Group stayed together up to the small climb at 40km. One guy went down very hard just after the left turn. Hope he heals up quickly.

Group got broken up over the climb, managed to stick with the front of the bunch as we went over the top.

The crash at the intersection on Rondebult slowed us down a bit but it was smooth sailing home from there.

Finished 2h41

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good day out in AL.

That crash between what seemed to be a fridge and car in the middle of the road was epic fail and random.

I saw two guys that came down there. Hope you guys are doing alright and recover soon.

Also had a paramedic van standing still in our lane that caused some havoc.

Came in at 2:36. Marshaling from the guys on the bikes were awesome apart from that one guy in a red Tazz that braked flat out when the marshall told him to go and almost hit him from behind.

So definitely some action out there today.

All in all a fast day with some good guys.

I was one of those riders that came down. I came down of my head and side of my face, was taken to the hospital to have my jaw x-rayed as a was not sure if it was broken or cracked, the pain level was unbearable at the time. Lucky all clear just a nice shiner and a roasty on my cheek. I Look like a bit chipmunk on the one side of my face this morning.

There was quite a bit of chaos with the motor car accident and the marshal that parked his bike in the road to warn the cyclists of the danger. The Cycles in front of me hit one of the slow riders from behind, i managed to slow down in time but then got hit from behind by another rider. Felt like i got hit by a bus!!

Does anyone know what happened to the other rider? i was told he was still in hospital yesterday.

Thanks to the Road Rangers had an awesome day out on the bike!!! Started in AL and finished in 2:35. The crash at that intersection was a bit scary as I'm a new roadie :eek:

I had absolutely NO gass at the last 300m. . .

Probably attacked too much the last part of the race. Just couldn't get away from the bunch. Worked well with those guys in the Black and Blue kits. BTW I had the Black and Yellow Castelli kit on :D

Looking forward to next race!!

Remember you. I was the one in the Kleenex kit and 10 year old Giant TCR.

The Lenmed guys are always agressive and makes a great race of it. Clearly very strong and experienced. But for some reason never feature in the sprint.

Remember you. I was the one in the Kleenex kit and 10 year old Giant TCR.

The Lenmed guys are always agressive and makes a great race of it. Clearly very strong and experienced. But for some reason never feature in the sprint.

Also rode in AL, overall it was a good day out. The last few kms was a bit nerve wrecking with all the shorter distance riders and then that accident, I heard the cyclists go down just behind me and it sounded bad, I hope everyone heals up quickly.

Yip, the Lenmed guys (Boerie and Piesang) are often spicing things up in the A bunch. Helping with the chasing down of the attacks from them, RastMan, Underachiever and AJP left me with very little for the finish sprint but was happy to finish with the bunch and unscathed. I was in the black and white FiT kit on the Felt.

Well done to all that rode!!

The only crash I saw in the VA's was the one where the gent hit a brick in the middle of the road. In the middle of the bunch. Bunch did very well not to go down in total but the one guy looked like he would be licking his wounds in the coming days.....

Other than that, a pretty relaxed race with the VA's not going full apesh$$t like they usually do..... :D

I am one of those guys in the Lenmed kit. Well done on the guys that tried to get away with me. I ride the Ridley. Tried to set my buddy up for the sprint but at the end landed up to sprint myself. One of the guys who sucked wheel the whole race with the Fit kit on just nipped me on the line. Got 2nd in the end though.

Sorry Clay, must have been one of your team mates that just got past me. Really looked like he was not existant the whole race until the finish. :)

The only crash I saw in the VA's was the one where the gent hit a brick in the middle of the road. In the middle of the bunch. Bunch did very well not to go down in total but the one guy looked like he would be licking his wounds in the coming days.....

Other than that, a pretty relaxed race with the VA's not going full apesh$$t like they usually do..... :D

There were total of 2 crashes in VA . . . agree , VA "behaved" today and managed to stay with group for 89 km before a puncture spoiled the day.

I am one of those guys in the Lenmed kit. Well done on the guys that tried to get away with me. I ride the Ridley. Tried to set my buddy up for the sprint but at the end landed up to sprint myself. One of the guys who sucked wheel the whole race with the Fit kit on just nipped me on the line. Got 2nd in the end though.

oooh. Unlucky and frustrating. Good to see you still put pressure on the guys in front ! :thumbup:

Sorry Clay, must have been one of your team mates that just got past me. Really looked like he was not existant the whole race until the finish. :)

No stress Pieter, he is a very strong sprinter but does tend to hide away in the bunch :ph34r: , I guess that is racing. I'm a bit different and get a bit jittery when I notice a gap getting bigger and cant help but trying to help chase it down but it often results in me having very little left for the finish.

Good racing by you guys yesterday (and most days), you had me digging very deep to hold onto one of your attacks up a fairly long drag in Springs (I think) :eek:

Like you say Clay, its racing. I really just wanted to have a lekker race yesterday and how else than to take the racing to the guys. Really tried to force a break which didnt happen. Well done again to your guys for the win.

Also rode in AL, overall it was a good day out. The last few kms was a bit nerve wrecking with all the shorter distance riders and then that accident, I heard the cyclists go down just behind me and it sounded bad, I hope everyone heals up quickly.

Yip, the Lenmed guys (Boerie and Piesang) are often spicing things up in the A bunch. Helping with the chasing down of the attacks from them, RastMan, Underachiever and AJP left me with very little for the finish sprint but was happy to finish with the bunch and unscathed. I was in the black and white FiT kit on the Felt.

Well done to all that rode!!

Hi Clay

I really like the FiT kit!! Remember you well.

Have to say a HUGE thank you to the bike marshals. I have no idea how we got by without them in the past. They make racing so much safer. To them and their hard work, BIG THANK YOU!

Have to say a HUGE thank you to the bike marshals. I have no idea how we got by without them in the past. They make racing so much safer. To them and their hard work, BIG THANK YOU!

Oh yes, I forgot to thank them, well done on a job well done yet again!!

Like you say Clay, its racing. I really just wanted to have a lekker race yesterday and how else than to take the racing to the guys. Really tried to force a break which didnt happen. Well done again to your guys for the win.

Thanks Pieter, see you at the next one. One day when I'm strong enough I will try join in the break... :whistling: