My 26er is back..

Azza

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of both worlds....

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Untitled-8BaconBeerMug.gif

If I was on Death Row, that would be my last meal request...

Depends on which supplier you get it from...

Ja, although I am a vegetarian I feel that if you want to eat meat you really need to be responsible about it, not only for the animal but for your own health as well. Its all about profit and the animals are so pumped up with growth hormones and antibiotics and other crap that who knows what damage you are doing to yourself in the long term. And as you can see in the image sadly they exist in appalling conditions.

Edited by Mojoman

Ja, although I am a vegetarian I feel that if you want to eat meat you really need to be responsible about it, not only for the animal but for your own health as well. Its all about profit and the animals are so pumped up with growth hormones and antibiotics and other crap that who knows what damage you are doing to yourself in the long term. And as you can see in the image sadly they exist in appalling conditions.

And you veggies should be growing your own organic, carbon neutral, non GM food. I'm sick of your modified, alien DNA crops infecting our land and bodies.

Yes. It is Friday :)

Each to their own I suppose. We get to make a choice and I choose to eat meat. Sure there are antibiotics and hormones but these type of things get prescribed to us by a GP nowadays.

I like to think of it more along the lines of meat being cultivated in a controlled environment. The same as our crops (forget about the GM argument for now) Growing "organic" foodstuffs at home is great but I don't have the space for a cow, sheep and a pig.... let alone the facility to slaughter one every few months to satisfy my meat consumption requirements.

Doesn't really matter. When I get it, it's nicely vacuum packed and ready to be cooked. As long as it tastes like bacon I am happy.

Amen. With little bacon angels flying around.

You're raping your conscience there mate.

Nah. I'm fully aware where the majority of meat comes from. Those cut price R 29.99 / kg chickens you get at the major stores? Yeah. They're "free range" Riiiiiiight. Free to range in their 10x10 inch box with a head opening for their food access and a pipe for their water. Right.

That's why the proper free range stuff is so flippin expensive, comparatively. Economies of scale and the available land and all that.

What I meant was the picture was only indicative of the pork that comes from the non free-range suppliers. Which, admittedly, are the majority of the producers the world over. But - if you look hard enough, and have enough cash, you can find the meat that comes from properly raised and fed cattle, swine and chook. But you have to know the differences between the options available, and be okay with the concept of why things cost more in the shops, when they come from different providers...

You get free range providers, and you get the normal providers. Given the choice, I'd go for free range every time. But I don't always have the choice (from a monetary perspective) and therefore I sometimes go for the battery farmed stuff. But I still know where it comes from...

Each to their own I suppose. We get to make a choice and I choose to eat meat. Sure there are antibiotics and hormones but these type of things get prescribed to us by a GP nowadays.

I like to think of it more along the lines of meat being cultivated in a controlled environment. The same as our crops (forget about the GM argument for now) Growing "organic" foodstuffs at home is great but I don't have the space for a cow, sheep and a pig.... let alone the facility to slaughter one every few months to satisfy my meat consumption requirements.

The other day I bought some chicken on special from PnP. When I opened the packaging, K asked me if it was Turkey we were having for dinner. So blatantly over-sized it was crazy. Must have come from a 4kg chicken, it was so big. But you know what? It tasted SUPERB.