Gloves for Gravity

gwhite

My go to gloves, FOX dirtpaws, excellent quality

Paid round R300 for mine, will buy them again if one day they decide to conk out. Even wash them every 3rd week to add to the wear factor, and still no signs of going. Had them for 3 years now.

http://www.mouthymimes.com/glove6.jpg

Remember where you bought them?

Been looking for the exact same ones a while now

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super mil I can't see where you are located, from my phone, but I'd appreciate it if you could recommend a Jhb stockist.

Hey CAAD4, I got mine through CRC and they managed to ease past customs without any fuss.

Here they are on CRC, certainly not as cheap as I remember them being...

Locally I've seen Fly Racing stuff at most of the local MX stores (Full Throttle, World of Accessories etc.).

According to the Fly Racing website the distributors are in Lonehill, perhaps give them a shout.

SOUTH AFRICA

TRP Distributing

PO Box 505, Lonehill 2062

Johannesburg

+27 11 465 1336

Edited by Super_mil

Also been looking for a new pair my Spez pair of gloves are coming apart at the seems.

Been keen on the those Dirt paws Fox in black......

going to get them very soon !!

My first pair of full finger gloves were Fox from Maverick Cycles. Not sure of the model but they had the towelling piece on the outside of the thumbs to wipe sweat away. They lasted a few years as well as numerous crashes. Next up were Fly MX gloves. Used them on my MTB and my MX bike. They came from Full Throttle. Got a pair of Thor MX as well. Really like those! Using a pair of Fox Dirt Paws but I fund them a bit thick and hot as well. Might need to wear them in though...

Giro's don't fit my hands that nicely. I have a pair in my bag as spare gloves.

Any MX shop will have gloves.

Dirtpaws and Sidewinders are my favourite gloves of all time. I currently use a Remedy set, but the seams are oddly placed and they don't feel nearly as tough as the Sidewinders.

If you can find Sidewinders in your size, buy two sets.

Guest dirkieuys

Paid round R300 for mine, will buy them again if one day they decide to conk out. Even wash them every 3rd week to add to the wear factor, and still no signs of going. Had them for 3 years now.

Longest lasting gloves i ever had.

Rule no 1 - do not buy MTB specific gloves from a bike shop. Rule 2 - go to a motorcycle shop and buy a pair of strong long lasting MX gloves for a fraction of the price. Fly racing are good - my current and only pair are several months and crashes old and still going strong. Giro FF gloves I have had were worse than shite - they used some real leather on the palms with multiple seams - slippery and not durable at all. Just junk.

Thanks. got mine and fairly priced :ph34r:

As soon as I confirm what size I have, I'll be ordering too

I also have a pair of Fox gloves, but I still need to try them out. I'll just waiting for the winter.