[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

LittleMonster

If the organizers are reading this - please make sure there is enough cold beer at the bar!!!

See you guys there

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't ridden this event before. Is it worth doing? I am thinking of riding the 42km. Is it do-able?

Haven't ridden this event before. Is it worth doing? I am thinking of riding the 42km. Is it do-able?

Worth it...yes.....do-able...yes....tough...yes.

No brainer really

I've done the Breedts 85 route 5 times in the last 4 weeks with some blokes doing Sani. How much damage will the extra 400m odd of VA do to me? I've done no mtb racing as of yet, in fact I was planning on squashing my cherry with a solid ride at K2C. Is this s4it idea..? I've heard nothing but horror stories about the Monster.

I don't think it is the VA that scares the people , it is the technical nature of this race that scares the living daylights out of them .

Worth it...yes.....do-able...yes....tough...yes.

No brainer really

But lets be honest , why would you want to do only half the race ??

Guest notmyname

I don't think it is the VA that scares the people , it is the technical nature of this race that scares the living daylights out of them .

Can't agree more....called the akkidisie or something like that....you haven't done the monster if its not the bigboy since that is where the "monster" climb is.

@gringo....let me and dirtrider put it to you like this....go home to wife and tell her you did the akkidisie or you did the monster. Which one will get you laid that night :clap:

Guest notmyname

That's fine the technical aspect keeps it interesting. I'm in for the long one then.

That's fine the technical aspect keeps it interesting. I'm in for the long one then.

Its a proper MTB race, not some half baked district dirt roadie race.

Thats what makes this a race to do.

I also hope they have enough COLD beers at the end.

Its a proper MTB race, not some half baked district dirt roadie race.

Thats what makes this a race to do.

I also hope they have enough COLD beers at the end.

Bring skilzzzz and stay left if youre walking

Guest notmyname

Bring skilzzzz and stay left if youre walking

Thanks for the heads up chaps, much appreciated. If you don't mind me asking... Which Technical trails in Gauteng can this be compared to? I fooking love ''Kings kloof''and ''Thaba" So will spend some more time there over the next few weeks. Any other suggestions would be super. Shot.

Because I am a noobie :clap: :eek:

Thanks for the heads up chaps, much appreciated. If you don't mind me asking... Which Technical trails in Gauteng can this be compared to? I fooking love ''Kings kloof''and ''Thaba" So will spend some more time there over the next few weeks. Any other suggestions would be super. Shot.

van gaalens is probably the closest match...but you will have to do eriks revenge, miems, daggapad and greek church to give you an idea...magalies mountain is lekkers man

Because I am a noobie :clap: :eek:

No man, listen to eye of the tiger while you kitting up, drink a extra monster before the start and you will be fine.....trust me, do the bigboy, you will wish you had.

Can't agree more....called the akkidisie or something like that....you haven't done the monster if its not the bigboy since that is where the "monster" climb is.

@gringo....let me and dirtrider put it to you like this....go home to wife and tell her you did the akkidisie or you did the monster. Which one will get you laid that night :clap:

Haha, monster no doubt. But no use if I am dehydrated and shriveled up like a prune after the Monster.

You say it is technical? My old man is going to ride. He is a fit rider but not too keen on the 'break all your bones' technical stuff. Is it VERY technical or just a few sections technical?