All things expo

MadScientist

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned before there is a contract in place with Goodhope centre. If they offer a prepaid flat parking rate then CTICC would be an alternative. Don't expect many exhibitors then because of rates. Parking at CTICC would definitely utilise overflow parking in VNA and Foreshore then we would have to walk anyway.

I did a K@K parking outside so had to rush back out after collecting my number so as not to collect a fine - made it back in time not to cost me more than the entry fee but missed out on the expo mostly.

Tried to buy at CWC but card machine out of order I assume due to load shedding so no luck there either.

Check out the ION brand of clothing as you come up the stairs from the basement. Nice bright colours and good quality clothing for the baggies and backpack club. Gonna get myself a pair of baggies and a long sleeve top for the trail.

I am soooooo bumm'd that I cannot b there. I have wanting kneepads,baggies and T from ION for the past 4 months but none of our local Bike shops have stock yet. Have a buddy who is going to check them out for me tomorrow. I just hope they have my size... So sad.

First time at Expo, lots to look at, lots to buy. Almost made it to safety with the wallet but then caved about 100m from the exit and dropped R350 on a stainless steel medal rack for my bike room. Eish. I personally would rather buy my bike stuff from my LBS where I know the sales staff track record and that their advice is sound - also that if i have a problem with it I can return it. Re no parking, was a breeze with the Grand Parade dedicated area although the tuk tuk ride was quite hair-raising ;)

Quick question, do Oakley have a stand? In previous years, buddies told me that they'd had their Radar frames swopped to different colours free of charge as one of the promotions...

Quick question, do Oakley have a stand? In previous years, buddies told me that they'd had their Radar frames swopped to different colours free of charge as one of the promotions...

Yes.

you shouldve parked at the dedicated free parking for the Argus and then take a shuttle that drops you infront of the Good hope... Super easy and quick

I guess I'll take the bus in, or is there somewhere safe to lock the bike up at the Expo?

I am soooooo bumm'd that I cannot b there. I have wanting kneepads,baggies and T from ION for the past 4 months but none of our local Bike shops have stock yet. Have a buddy who is going to check them out for me tomorrow. I just hope they have my size... So sad.

No worries for now. Apparently they only received stock this week or last. The kit should be in the bike shops within the next 10 days, Africa time (make it 2-3 weeks on the calendar).

As always nothing much new at the expo. This (ION) and the Brunox lube lube stall were new-ish. I talked to the guys at Brunox and they say they were not selling well, yet. They sell those little aerosols lubes for chains and stanchions, but I know them from the stanchion lube oil I have used in the past. As I have found out after coming back to SA, looking after your suspension is not something that gets done at all(generalising here) until it breaks down completely and then we complain like hell about the prices of new suspension parts (ask mr Droo). Days after arriving here I went to 4 bicycle shops and no one had oil for lubing your stanchions, one guy even wanted to sell me Squirt to lube it, as they have never heard of applying lube to your stanchions. So come on people show your stanchions some love, it will even improve their performance remarkably.

As mentioned before there is a contract in place with Goodhope centre. If they offer a prepaid flat parking rate then CTICC would be an alternative. Don't expect many exhibitors then because of rates. Parking at CTICC would definitely utilise overflow parking in VNA and Foreshore then we would have to walk anyway.

I suspect the City of Cape Town offers the Good Hope Centre at significantly reduced rates, as they are one the the Tour sponsors. If memory serves me correctly, the CTICC is operated y a private entity, therefore it's a bit more difficult to get reduced rates.

Parking will be a bit of a mare at CTICC as well, as pointed out. 30 000 people (and that's only the riders) to get through in 3 short days is a fair amount. And when you consider that most people will go after work on Thursday or Friday the parking issue becomes even more prominent.

Are you still forced to walk up the stairs and hunt for an exit, or can you grab your entry and GTFO the front door if you want?

Oakley has a mobile van on the outside.