Argus "Wind Report"

gpcar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And live report from Lakeside. Its pumping. Going to be a toughie today, not many sub threes

Edited by Red Zone

Kaptein......span die seile......la,la,la,la.......

Good luck and safety to all of you!!

post-41755-0-71593100-1394334378_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BarHugger

I'm supporting from home. Via television broadcast. Shoulder is too fooked to make the ride up to wynberg hill, and it's faaaaarking sore. To all those riding - good luck!

I'm supporting from home. Via television broadcast. Shoulder is too fooked to make the ride up to wynberg hill, and it's faaaaarking sore. To all those riding - good luck!

What channel???

Oh no! What happend?

Edited by GaryvdM

Oh no! What happend?

Ju jitsu session last week. One of the okes was a bit too keen in trying to get me to submit via a side arm bar and launched his 95kg weight into the side of my ribs... instead of just rolling back with my arm he jumped and landed with his entire weight on the ribs, leading with his shin. He didn't get the submission, but he bruised the hell outta my ribs.

Then on Friday I went back to ju jitsu and tried a few holds / break falls etc. Not the smartest thing to do!

the worst of the wind had to be the start's wind tunnel. holy crap that was a surprise, and surprisingly brutal! Its like riding into a wall, literally. Riders were shouting to those in front to pedal and get one with it and yadah yadah, until they found out for themselves what the problem was. No one could hear their expletives :P

the worst of the wind had to be the start's wind tunnel. holy crap that was a surprise, and surprisingly brutal! Its like riding into a wall, literally. Riders were shouting to those in front to pedal and get one with it and yadah yadah, until they found out for themselves what the problem was. No one could hear their expletives :P

Lol. I remember that being the ONLY place my weight and generally good balance worked in my favour in 2009. I was the only one in my group to remain on the bike.

Lol. I remember that being the ONLY place my weight and generally good balance worked in my favour in 2009. I was the only one in my group to remain on the bike.

dude, even my heft couldn't counterbalance that wind. almost gone blown off my bike, backwards!

dude, even my heft couldn't counterbalance that wind. almost gone blown off my bike, backwards!

Lol. Dude. That wind in 2009 was the 100 kph gust through the "funnel". At least you stayed on though!

Tough tough day out there - us Vaalies can't ride in the wind. Rode with 50mm wheels, was fun. Sitting in beer tent with Mike Bike drowning my sorrows. See you next year!

Edited by jcza