Whats the ideal technique?

Whenever we're on single tracks there's usually small rocks or smallish stump lying in the track, what would you reckon is the proper technique to op over them? i try it every time i ride but i just cant seem to get any air. Its as if i compress to hard on my front shock to get the motion going. Pointers will be great.

and not this type of pointer

post-56058-0-12247700-1394454561_thumb.jpg

cycle around what you cannot cycle over.

Check your equipment. Clipless pedals and proper shoes are needed. If you cannot hop, get a 29er, they are supposed to roll over things better

Brian Lopez wrote a good book on mtb skills, buy read and practice.

apply the proven technique used by most riders from group A to Z in all MTB races when they come across any bit of single track which isn't as smooth as an e-toll highway, namely : dismount, walk around or over, re-mount and continue.

Check your equipment. Clipless pedals and proper shoes are needed.

No, they're not.

You're much better off researching what Capricorn and the Captain have proposed.

apply the proven technique used by most riders from group A to Z in all MTB races when they come across any bit of single track which isn't as smooth as an e-toll highway, namely : dismount, walk around or over, re-mount and continue.

bwahahaha i barely ever carry a cutting torch.

i find getting of the bike to be some kind of a waist. i can get onto pavements etc etc but whenever i try going higher i keep on bringing out the tail. it will really help to jump 40cm.

Guest Omega Man

There's also one called fluidride. Something like that. But Fabien's one is real good.

Edited by Omega Man

Ya, look, I sold my mtb...

Or do it the noob way, brute force - if the 650b wheels roll over as promised, great, if not, ow!!!

Lesson learned.

How bout i thank you right now?

from 1 4 min video i figured out my prob.

If I could ride one tenth as well as he does I would be stoked. If you do the torrent thing, the full video is available for download. Just search for Fabien Barel.

There's also one called fluidride. Something like that. But Fabien's one is real good.

Yeah, that Fluid Ride Like A Pro was also helpful. Should probably watch that before the Fabien Barel video.