The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

interesting idea that one - would hate to be on a bus with a load of other finished runners though haha!

Next running event for me is the La Capra Goat Run in Oct.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, no, fortunately it does not work that way! You park at the finish venue, then they take you UP by bus to start the run. Basically drop you in the "Neck" at Du Toitskloof and it's a short walk down to the start. And then you run "down" - but it ain't all downhill from there!  :ph34r:

Before the Goat Run I managed to convince myself it's a good idea to go and do that Sanlam Cape Town Marathon's Trail run. Ambition and capabilities got a bit disjointed...

Then again, the same happened when I entered myself into my first marathon (Winelands) last week.  Still don't know what went on upstairs whilst my fingers were entering. :blush:  :wacko:

So I finally had my appointment with the foot doctor, I have a stress fracture. Happned 3 months ago, now another 6 weeks of rest. I'm going crazy without my dose of the outdoors. Doc said it was because of overuse, modrration is something I have never known. Suppose it's time to learn that...

Ouch, that can't be lekker. Where is the stress fracture - in the foot? Good luck with the recovery.

Don't know what I'd do without my outdoor escape and endorphin! 

Ouch, that can't be lekker. Where is the stress fracture - in the foot? Good luck with the recovery.

Don't know what I'd do without my outdoor escape and endorphin!

No man it sucks. It has been 3 months already... Just above my right ankle joint. Luckely I can swim and do upper body work. I'm going to be ripped. Hehehehe!

Question:  what kind of running shorts do you guys prefer?  Also the options in normal shops is very limited for men!

Question:  what kind of running shorts do you guys prefer?  Also the options in normal shops is very limited for men!

If you want the bomb shorts buy the Salomon Men's S-Lab EXO Twinskin.  They are super comfortable and light.  Only problem is the price tag... they are hellishly expensive as with most Salomon stuff, but in saying that I have 4 pairs of Salomon shoes, many T-shirts, running shorts, socks, caps, hydration pack etc. hehehe...shhhhhhhhh  :whistling:

I love their stuff and really swear by it.

Otherwise Asics also make some that have the inner sleeve almost light a short tight on the inside which really helps with chafing.

If you want the bomb shorts buy the Salomon Men's S-Lab EXO Twinskin. They are super comfortable and light. Only problem is the price tag... they are hellishly expensive as with most Salomon stuff, but in saying that I have 4 pairs of Salomon shoes, many T-shirts, running shorts, socks, caps, hydration pack etc. hehehe...shhhhhhhhh :whistling:

I love their stuff and really swear by it.

Otherwise Asics also make some that have the inner sleeve almost light a short tight on the inside which really helps with chafing.

Thx Izak, i will have a look.

I run in board shorts.

I have literally ended up bleeding after running in boardies.

Personally I run in tights, *nothing* is as comfortable in those things for any distance of running.

Personally I run in tights, *nothing* is as comfortable in those things for any distance of running.

I agree, it gets really painful if they start to chafe a 1/4 of the way in.

So normal shorts are a no no for me either unless if they have those tight-like inners.

Quick question: What night run lights are people using?

Disclaimer: It's probably been covered but 26 pages is too much on a Thu morning...

I had slight chafe once when I ran in my fox rangers, other than that, no problemo. That being said I have not gone further than 30k, suppose anything more would be stupid without skipants.